• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is Sign Agent worth it?

Our sign shop here at UVA is growing and moving. We are merging with another department that wants to implement an online sign management system called Sign Agent. www.signagent.com
Personally I'm not a fan of cloud based systems, so I am asking if anyone is using it or has any opinions about the idea.
Thanks in advance

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Personally I'm not a fan of cloud based systems, so I am asking if anyone is using it or has any opinions about the idea.
Accuracy and convenience of tasking sign locations, especially way finding, almost demands cloud connectivity. The cloud may be served via a third party or that of the university. All one can do is to be mindful of the risks and rewards and hope for the best. Ask any bank or hospital.

See an earlier thread from a year ago in the meantime...

Alternatives To SignAgent For Plan Reviews?​

https://www.signs101.com/threads/alternatives-to-signagent-for-plan-reviews.170755/#post-1589644

...however, IMO I can only guess that SA might be overkill and I know the university has FileMaker admins, especially in the health departments, who would say FileMaker as the platform can handle what you're after. The biggest challenge is time, money not so much.

Good luck!