• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

is the Mutoh falcon Outdoor jr not a good printer??

The Sign Dude

I talk to a mutoh sales rep. (not from mutoh but a distributor) about the outdoor jr and he said they were not good printers because your limited to only a couple of vinyls you can print on and they were not good for doing a wrap. Thats not what I wanted to hear considering I just bought one a week ago. Any input from users would be appreciated.

Jackpine

I talk to a mutoh sales rep. (not from mutoh but a distributor) about the outdoor jr and he said they were not good printers because your limited to only a couple of vinyls you can print on and they were not good for doing a wrap. Thats not what I wanted to hear considering I just bought one a week ago. Any input from users would be appreciated.

That is crap! If he said this he must be trying to sell you up to a ValueJet or another brand. I would NOT do business with that company. "Sales Scare Tactic" style doesn't work for me. Don't let them talk to you like you are stupid. That is what's wrong if you don't do your homework.

ahollow

I bought my Mutoh Jr a year ago, and it has worked perfectly from Day One. I do vinyl, banners, cling, vehicle wrap, perf, paper, etc. from many different vendors, and have had no problems with any of these materials.

It may be slower than the newer printers, but I've never had a problem scheduling around that.

Slack11

I'm in the market for a Mutoh as well. They are considerably less than the Versacamm's , and fit much better into my budget (I'm a small business). Are there issues or limitations (other than lack of support) that I should be aware of? I've started my homework on these, just haven't finished yet.....

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.

Sounds like someone with something else to sell.

The Jr. will print on any vinyl as any other eco-solvent printer.

The limiting factors are its 36" width and four colors instead of six.

The width can be a bit of a limitation, especially with ambitious wraps and large banners but in some years of printing I can tell you that 98% of everything I print is <=36" and the vast majority of that is on 30" media. Other than banner material I only stock 30" media. It's far easier for one guy to wrangle and the call for wider stuff is sufficiently rare that I only order it if some job or another absolutely positively requires same.

Four vice six color is a non-issue unless you're doing portraits or fine art. For sign work it's not worth worrying about.

But like every other solventish printer, its reach often exceeds its grasp and running it effectively is far more art than science. The Jr is not unique in this regard.

Derf

They are not Crap... They are just not the best.

Now an Encad Novajet is Crap! IMO...

As long as you have the latest maintenance station from Mutoh installed, the Jr would be a great first printer however if you can, try to get a bigger printer.

Flame

Yeah, once you get the maintenance station... they are a good machine. I have a 48" 6-color Mutoh... works good. Pretty slow compared to some of the newer models, but it gets the job done. Not bad for an entry level printer.

The Sign Dude

Thanks for the info fellas. I talked to jack and he got me headed in the right direction with my profiles and some other stuff. Any other info is greatly appreciated.

TrustedImages

The only reason I can think of that he would have told you that you can only print on one or two types of material is if he was thinking that it was water based. But if he was a Mutoh distributor surely he would have known better.

Urban Image

The Falcon Jr. is a great printer. I still run one in our show room on occasion to demonstrate some media options we offer.

I have owned mine for two years now and I think it is a pretty good little printer, once you everything figured out, or if you bought yours from a differn't supplier than me you will have decent tech. support which is very valuable!
You did fine IMO.