• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there a simple way to do font style this in Flexi?

Jayefkay531

I have about 100 of these to make for a customer - it will just be cut vinyl. They won't budge on design as we are matching something they have. However...is there an easy way to lay this out in Flexi or AI (like an offset function or something)? Aside from typing and manually typing and adding spaces until it looks right?

If I have to, I'll type them all and do it this way, but just curious if there's a more efficient way that I don't know about.

Thanks!

Attachments

• stepdown font.jpg
    stepdown font.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 210

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I tried using Text to Path which works for the angle, except you need to be able to rotate the letters, but you can't, unless you select each letter and manually rotate. So looks like you have to type and space them manually.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Do you have indesign? Could always make a bunch of text boxes and have them linked to each other, just enough space to fill a letter. Might need a seperate artwork for each amount of letters but with a data merge I could probably knock out 100 designs in about 10 mins

Jayefkay531

Do you have indesign? Could always make a bunch of text boxes and have them linked to each other, just enough space to fill a letter. Might need a seperate artwork for each amount of letters but with a data merge I could probably knock out 100 designs in about 10 mins

Ah - I hadn't thought of indesign. I'll relay this and give it a shot. Thank you!

Jayefkay531

I tried using Text to Path which works for the angle, except you need to be able to rotate the letters, but you can't, unless you select each letter and manually rotate. So looks like you have to type and space them manually.

That's exactly where I got stuck too in Flexi. I'm going to try InDesign as iPrintStuff suggested and see if that works. Thanks for the response!

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
It did take me approx 5 seconds to think of it so there is probably a better way somewhere. Let me know how you get on!

myront

CorelDRAW is best
I take it there are different text for each of those 100? If that's the case, what about a print merge whereby you create 1 that includes extra characters then using an excel spreadsheet to set the names. A separate cell for each character. Probably just as much trouble though.

Just spitballing here. Never tried such a thing.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I take it there are different text for each of those 100? If that's the case, what about a print merge whereby you create 1 that includes extra characters then using an excel spreadsheet to set the names. A separate cell for each character. Probably just as much trouble though.

Just spitballing here. Never tried such a thing.

yeah that’s why I mentioned a merge, only reason I said it would take 10 mins is I’d set up a file for each new word with a different amount of letters, though you probably wouldn’t need to.

Jayefkay531

Here Ya Go.

That is super clever - I had never thought of breaking it apart like that. To answer myront's question...the text is still edible to an extent. I'd have to type each word out, but then can put the effect on all at one time.

Thank you!