• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there a way in Windows XP Pro ...

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Is there a way in Windows XP Pro to force an open application to always be on top of any other open window?

Ken

In my WinPC sign program the cutting panel always stays on top..It's kind of annoying...I've seen somewhere an "always on top" feature..I'll think about it some more.
Ken

cdiesel

Fred,

A few apps have the "always on top" option under the drop down menu if you click on the upper left icon on the title bar. Most apps don't have that option, though, and I'm not sure if there's another utility or addon that can force the others to stay on top.

odecom

if it isn't built natively into the software you are using (i know some programs come with it), then the short answer is no.

however, there are several shareware programs out there to correct this problem, and would enable you to take any window and set it to always stay on top of other applications. so far, i haven't found a freeware or open-source solution, but I am still searching for you. i will let you know if i find anything!

edit. here is one freeware one i have found. don't know that it's any good though. http://www.bluechillies.com/details/24674.html

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Thanks guys. I tried the Always On Top first and then Power Menu. Both worked fine but Power menu seems a lot nicer in the way it provides control for turning on and off.

This will probably save me an hour a day with my keywording chores at Express Clipart. :thumb: