• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there an easy way to move cutlines?

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I'm using Corel X7 and all of my files have the cutlines intermingled in the file, all on 1 layer in multiple groups. Never had any issues like that. I got a new Graphtec with cutmaster 4 and it seems like the cutlines have to be on their own layer. Is there a quick way to find and move them in Coreldraw OR can you set cutmaster to only pickup the "cutcontour" spot color?

Notarealsignguy

Where's the separate colors tab? I dunno if CM3 will support barcodes which was really the only reason I wanted it.
Edit: Found it! I think that may do the trick Burton

Notarealsignguy

It changes half of the cut lines to black.
If there's a fill with the cutline i.e. black box with a cutcontour it makes it black. I can work around that.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
In corel go to find and replace.

Replace objects / color / (make sure outlines is checked) / find -----> will enable eye dropper
Click any object with CutContour stroke (or swatch)
Click "find all"
It should select all objects that match that search criteria. (You may get a grouping warning on that older version of Corel)

Group all cutlines once selected, create new layer, move to layer. Name layer "Cut lines" or CutContour or whatever you wish.

Hope that helps. Find and replace is a super handy tool, I use it almost every day to fix my messed up files.

ikarasu

CM4 you can sort by color, or by cut.

Click the Layering tab... it'll be default on layers. Click "By color" And you can select which color you want to cut. It uses whatever the spot name is...so if you have it as "Cutcontour" then it'll show up here.

1670022564297.png

Notarealsignguy

Ah, I was wandering if the barcode reader would work. I think the 8600's read barcodes too, I just never got it to work.
And yeah, the most annoying thing in x6 is the unfilled objects won't show up, just for a last second verification of what you're cutting. Half the time I just change them to black, which half the time means my vinyl girl will run black vinyl instead of white...
There is probably a better way to do this, or myront may have a script to fix up your art in such a way that cm4 does what you need without reworking each file.
I'm too stupid to figure out the script thing. If I work too fast I'd have nothing to do.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Use a macro. I made one just for this purpose. Searches through the doc for certain line color and or name then moves them to the "cut layer".

Sub MoveCutsToCutLayer()
Dim shp As Shape
Application.Optimization = True
If Documents.Count = 0 Then Exit Sub
ActivePage.Shapes.FindShapes(Query:="@colors.find('CUT LINE')").CreateSelection 'my cut line color is named CUT LINE in my color palette
For Each shp In ActiveSelection.Shapes
shp.Layer = ActivePage.Layers("cut")
shp.RemoveFromSelection
Next
Application.Optimization = False
ActiveWindow.Refresh

End Sub

Last edited: