• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there an simple way to add easy weed?

Awards+

I'm from the Roland world and with there software you can add what's called an easy weed. It there a way to use this type of feature with Illustrator? It adds extra cut lines to make weeding easier / quicker. We use fine cut and a Mimikai plotter.

Awards+

You can do this with Roland software?

Yes but I can't remember good enough to tell you how to do it. One of our supplies far from normal showed us how to do it. If I had the Roland software in front of me I could probably find it. I'm not the designer just sales / management so all of this type of stuff is done by someone else I just give them the info ounce I have it.

d fleming

Not 100% but I'm fairly sure to get all the nice little plotting features we all like you have to have proper software for plotting. Adobe isn't it. Let the dogpiling commence.

Awards+

He/she is referring to extra cut lines added between rows of text & objects so you can weed one line of text at a time...

You got it. I know this can be done manually but I was thinking there may be an easier way like with the Roland software.

rjssigns

Hate it. If need be I just place a few careful cuts with my trusty Olfa. Of course I am a devotee of the manic weed style.

If you are having trouble weeding get some 3M Electrocut with the poly backer. Costs a little more, but you can do brutally small text with it and it weeds amazing.

ChicagoGraphics

You can put extra cut lines using Illustrator with finecut, it's located right under the knife tool, it looks like a register mark in a box