• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is this a Good deal?

ahollow

I've been offered the following:

Rebranded Mutoh 38
Graphtec CE3000-60MK2 (with contour cutting)
Flexi-sign PRO 8.0
4 220 ml inks and cleaners

All for $9999. This is new equip. from a well-known sign company.

I still need to call to find shipping price and warranty information, but this price seems really good compared to some of the other Mutoh 38 packages I've seen.

I know the cutter may be on the small side at 24", but it would be over $1200 more to upgrade to a 30" cutter, and I really don't think I need that right now.

Any thoughts?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Sounds like a helluva a deal Allan. About 60 to 65 cents on the dollar. But are you prepared to go without dealer support?

Barry

If its from SSK its a good deal, if its from Signwarhouse its probably not a good deal. ;) These are the only 2 companies I know rebranding Mutohs.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Sounds like a very good deal but I would definitely go with a larger plotter.
You'll regret it 6 months from now.

player

I don't know about the gear, but would it not be better to get a roland vesacamm 30? More $ but it works so well...

Jackpine

It is a good deal. I have a set up like that without Felxi Pro. I love my Mutoh! Rebranded PrintTech. I got mine from SSK and you could hardly find better people to deal with. They have outstanding customer support and tech support. If your package is not from SSK you need to look there and talk with Chris. I would get the 30" Graphtec 7000 cutter. I thought a 24" would be ok and it is exept it will only contour cut 20" with the registration marks. SSK has a package with the PrintTech 36 and Graphtec 7000 30" cutter with a very good RIP in the $11K range.

ahollow

Thanks for the inputs, everyone!

I placed the order yesterday afternoon, and it shipped last night. I upgraded to the Graphtec FC7000-75 cutter, and yes, it does include Flexi PRO 8.0 in the price. Total was $10995, with a shipping cost of just over $1 a pound.

Yes, it is from Signwarehouse. I have taken note on all the comments on this and other boards. I have not had any problems using them before, and I am trusting Mike Akard and Jon Gripp to help SW straighten out its support and its internet image.

Looking forward to delivery; thanks everyone!

Hey Allan, Hope everything works out well for you, Mike is a good guy and trys to help out, Let us know how everything works out. The support is still a work in process, I called Saturday the 13th and they filled a call ticket for me and supposedly a tech tryed to call me the 15th at 7:28 am and then the 15th at 7:31 (we are both central time zone) and could not get me, well since I get here about 7:45 and ussually here til at least midnight I was not here so he closed my ticket, I talked with my sales person (Tiffany Smith) she looked into it and I finally got to speak with a tech yesterday, and he took care of my problem (very long rip time) in the matter of a couple of minutes. Good luck andlet us know how it works out for you.
Vince

Merlin

Sounds like a real good deal, aspecially with the Flexi 8.0. I always hesitate when I hear SignWarehouse but it seems like they are trying to straighten thing out.:glasses:

ahollow

Delivery is scheduled for tomorrow, and I've cleared most of my calendar on Friday for assembly and test.

I'll keep you all posted, especially if there are any support issues. I have faith in SW, and I believe they will be there when (if) needed.

Flame

ahollow said:
Delivery is scheduled for tomorrow, and I've cleared most of my calendar on Friday for assembly and test.

I'll keep you all posted, especially if there are any support issues. I have faith in SW, and I believe they will be there when (if) needed.

I got a package from them about 7 weeks ago. Still going a little rough working the printer, but everything else is going fine. It was my first printer, and it has been paying off BIG time. Never figured I could run the printer 8 hours straight every day.....