• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is this good for the Roland

EbsWeb5150

If you load banner material in the Roland, but you pick a profile like
Glossy Calender and set it to print and cut the banner type material.

I don't know if that would be good for the blade.
Just curious.

CentralSigns

That's not good for the blade, but you get these neat die cut banner toys. The cutter isn't really designed to cut all the way through.

Last edited:

TheSellOut

I know you can set up a perf cut but I doubt it would work very good for banner material. Not only will a perf cut damage your blade but your teflon cutting strip as well!

sardocs

What about Cut Sheet? Do you guys use that, or trim off by hand. I've been using cut sheet to trim it, but I wonder if it's hard on the machine.

don't use the blade to ever cut banner, you will knacker the blade and if its set enought so it will cut through more than likely knacker the stripe underneath. you can use the sheet cut blade, no problems though, we do this daily.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Besides the blade damage you're going to create and taking your Roland out of warranty...... the profile won't print and adhere to the banner properly. Wrong profiling that is way out of the realm for a particular media is totally bad.

CentralSigns

What about Cut Sheet? Do you guys use that, or trim off by hand. I've been using cut sheet to trim it, but I wonder if it's hard on the machine.

I try to trim all banner by hand. Move the banner out to the edge of the machine and the slide a cutter along the edge of the machine and you get a good straight cut. Then do the final cut on the cutting table. I know a shop that sheet cuts banner with the extended edge pieces you use for banner still on the machine. the cutter blade goes across the pieces, Da