• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is this possible in Flexi ?

whatsinaname

Hello Folks,
Just had a few scenarios for my work and would like to know whether these are possible in Flexi.

I will have 5 to 6 sets of artworks to be cut on a 2 feet vinyl. I would like Flexi to issue a cross cut command (sheet cut-off) to my Graphtec FC7000 after each of these set of artwork is finished plotting. So if there are 3 sets of artworks, there will be 3 Cross-cut commands issued. And while all these happens, I can have my cup of coffee..:Coffee:

Thnx

Shovelhead

I am totally unaware of a way to crosscut within production manager.
I have to get up and walk over to the plotter.
I'd like to know how if it's possible.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I am totally unaware of a way to crosscut within production manager.
I have to get up and walk over to the plotter.
I'd like to know how if it's possible.

If there were an HPGL/GPGL command to invoke the cut-off function you could send that command after each job via the Cut/Plot advanced functions. I don't know if there is such a command nor how to find out if there is one.

chopper

I don't know about flexi, but this feature is available in sign lab,
I have been using it for years,
it is in the plotter config area in sign lab, there is a box to check that allows cutting the sheet off after cutting your design, but your plotter must be able to do this, you could also check the flexi website see if there is a update or add-in to make this work for you..
//chopper

whatsinaname

I don't know about flexi, but this feature is available in sign lab,
I have been using it for years,
//chopper

Thnx Chopper. Is it possible to configure multiple cross-cuts in a single job..Like in my case I need a cross cut after each set of designs are plotted. As I would give 3-4 sets of designs to the plotter in a single go.

Set 1 plot
Cross Cut
Set 2 Plot
Cross cut.... and so on.

Thnx

chopper

I have never tried several cutoff's in the same job I will look into that when I get cutting again to see how or if that will work.what I normally do is run the first job, then while I am weeding that one I will cut the second etc.. (I guess I misunderstood your question )
//chopper

Hue

Well, there may be an easier way...but you could choose a different color for each design...Send All Colors...Single Panel, Separate Jobs......uncheck "Use Same Driver options for each color" if you need to control speed, pressure or crosscut options for each design.

Short of sending the jobs to production manage separately 100 times and letting them stack up in the queue.

RiXaX

The cut off blade is different than the cutting blade.
After selecting to hold the job in job manager, what if the next job sent was the line, and it was selected to make the cut twice, and then a re-send of the first job, and then just keep repeating the process? Then send all to cut. I haven't tried it yet, but it might work??

amgraph

I know under Cutter driver options in PM there is a "before job" tab and down at the bottom you can see the codes that are sent to the cutter. I seem to remember that you can add codes somehow to that line. I believe that you just need the correct code..
Andy

gamerxr72

You're only talking about 12 feet of vinyl right? Why not just cut them all and separate them with a ruler and a knife after your coffee?

signguy95

you can use the cross cut option in the graphtec option in production manager, but you must have your cutter set to accept condition from the software...

we have ours set to use machine settings instead of the software settings, so it don't work with ours set this way.

Jay