• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is VJ 1304 capable of good print?

benski

Hi
Im having a hard time getting a good print with the 1304 eco ink. We mainly do dye sub printing, but odd times we need to print on digital heat transfer or make small stickers. Decided to get something used for the rare times I need it. I attached pictures, its very grainy and looks awful.

The only thing I can think of is:
1. third party ink that came with the unit is the issue
2. maybe the head is not good quality
3. printer is not capable

I will list things I have tried below if somebody can help me out.

PF adjust
Alignment bi normal/quality
Micro change (pulse)
dozen different medias and icc profiles same result every time
wasatch soft rip settings-tried them all. 720, 1440, uni directional, bi directional, quality, graphics, variable, fine and wave, wow etc, rgb files, cmyk files, jpegs, tiffs,
The higher the resolution the more ink is lays down and darkens my colors.

My nozzle check is good and the maint. station is less than a year. Thanks!

Attachments

• image_67177217.JPG
    image_67177217.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 185
  • image_67157249.JPG
    image_67157249.JPG
    937.8 KB · Views: 95
  • image_67139585.JPG
    image_67139585.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 99

netsol

Premium Subscriber
You probably need to create your own profiles,
At the risk of repeating myself, a profile compensates for the characteristics of your ink and media, as well as your machine. You are covered on two fronts, with downloaded profiles.
The only way to compensate for your machine is to do the work & build your own profiles, if your machine is not perfect, or at least typical.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
Companies like colorcrest can profile your machines for you
(I imagine they run the process remotely and you fedex the printed test results to them)
It might be worth contacting them and discussing
If nothin else, initial evaluation would tell you if there is a problem needing to be corrected

benski

Companies like colorcrest can profile your machines for you
(I imagine they run the process remotely and you fedex the printed test results to them)
It might be worth contacting them and discussing
If nothin else, initial evaluation would tell you if there is a problem needing to be corrected
thanks for response. if it can be done remotely i will give that a try. I do not have that service locally.