• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

is VMP going to sleep?

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
That might be something for them to answer, but this is the second post I have seen regarding sign software (Flexi-Sign was the other)
I think it is only fitting to write directly since this kind of posting is not totally fair to the thier business.

idsign

Techman,

I'd like to know more about why you think as you do about VMP.
My opinion is that I don't disagree with you, but don't have info as to why to agree.
Is that wishy-washy enough?

My e-mails to Shaun and Bruce along with their surveys and replies indicate that ver. 3.0 is on the horizon. They came out with a dongle version this year.

My take: VMP was the first full-blown sign software that I felt comfortable paying for. I think it is exceptionally stable on the platforms I installed it on: Windows 98, ME and XP. Heck, it certainly performs better than Windows ME and didn't cost much more...yux!

The sign fairy could leave a sol-jet under my pillow and I could change my mind tomorrow about my preferred software needed to then create 75% of our digital print stuff.

But as for people doing cut vinyl only, VMP continues to be a fine program that small shops can use with confidence and keep the extra $hundred$ to $thousand$ savings over comparable Flexi, Cadlink, Sign Wizard...in their pockets.

Barry

Techman

WEll now

Going to sleep is a long way from saying they are going out of BIZZ ,, is it not????

There has been nothing about VMP from the co rep since sept last year. Right at one year and no postings.

There was only one other post after after that in April 2004. Nothing from the company. And, since then nothing posted. Not even from users. The other boards have the same thing. Almost no word about VMP..

And now only users respond. So I ask again. Is VMP asleep?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The last time I heard from Shaun was at the time of the Super Bowl pool where he volunteered a prize. After your post today i went to their site and all seems active enough.

I was surprised to see his links page. There he lists nine forums with Signs 101 not being among them. :rolleyes:

idsign

Techman,

Gotcha...I understand what you mean about 'being asleep.'

I speculate Future-1 maybe happy with cash flow and development costs and when company chairmen feel 'fat & happy', marketing is not a major concern. If the chairman of F1/VMP needed a new chalet, we'd be hearing about them all the time.

Betcha when 3.0 is rolled out, they make a splash. I only wake them up for minor techical questions anyway :biggrin:

Thanks for the posts and opinions.

Barry

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
He seems pretty active on other forums..though I'm not a user, you have to at least update....what's 5 minutes every other week, seems like cheap advertising to me...

shaunmorrell

No wer'e not asleep! tired yes, asleep no... This is a post I just did on another site about V3.0, so you know what's up...

The best thing I can say is that V3.0 has practically nothing to do with V2.70 and below because we’re completely re-writing the software and several packages all at the same time and it’s a little like comparing Corel Draw 5.0 with Corel Draw 12.0 or Windows 3.11 with Windows XP they have some similarities, but are very different with the latter version far more capable across many more levels…

V3.0 is more like a cross between MS Word 2003, Corel Draw 12.0 and Photoshop CS (V8.0) but specifically for sign makers…

Thanks,