• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ISA is in Orlando, Florida this year. Anyone going?

Planing to make the 06 ISA show in Orlando?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bigdawg

Just Me
If we make it to the show I'd love to meet up for dinner. Looking at our work schedule we won't know for sure until Mid-March whether we can go to this show or not - but odds are we will. Tia's just disappointed that she'll have to stay and mind the shop!

WVB

If you want a seriously good restaurant you have to go to one of the Texas De Brazil restaurants. Here in Texas it is called Texas De Brazil, but Orlando does have one not sure if it is still called Texas or Orlando De Brazil. It is an upscale restaurant however, it is casual dress and around $45/person. Here is their website :

Texas de Brazil

Also if you are into Japanese you must go to Arigato's Japanese Steak House.

Barry

TVG said:
If you want a seriously good restaurant you have to go to one of the Texas De Brazil restaurants. Here in Texas it is called Texas De Brazil, but Orlando does have one not sure if it is still called Texas or Orlando De Brazil. It is an upscale restaurant however, it is casual dress and around $45/person. Here is their website :

Texas de Brazil

I assume that is like Fogo De Choa here in Houston. Brazilian steak houses are some of the best food Ive ever had...

Shovelhead

TVG said:

Texas de Brazil

I'll have to break out my best sleevless biker tee then being that it's a fancy joint.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Well Orlando is 200 miles up the road for me so I don't know the best places to eat. I was kind of hoping that a member might announce themselves that is from the greater Orlando area and could steer us to something good that's also reasonably close to International Drive.

There's lots of places to eat in every direction but reservations would be a plus on a Friday evening.

I'll be driving and will have room for 3 or 4 passengers. Anyone else driving?

WVB

LMAO Shovelhead........ Yes, Barry it is just like Fogo De Choa. I went to the one in Dallas and it was incredible! We too were concerned with being under dressed by the way it looked but hell, people were in there with shorts and t-shirts.

Most likely we will be driving up from Tampa Bay / Clearwater area. I know there is an Arigoto's off international drive. There is also a Planet Hollywood still there not far from International drive.

Barry

TVG said:
LMAO Shovelhead........ Yes, Barry it is just like Fogo De Choa. I went to the one in Dallas and it was incredible! We too were concerned with being under dressed by the way it looked but hell, people were in there with shorts and t-shirts.

Most likely we will be driving up from Tampa Bay / Clearwater area. I know there is an Arigoto's off international drive. There is also a Planet Hollywood still there not far from International drive.

If you ever make it to Houston let me know and we can do the Fogo De Choa here. I think Ive eaten there 4 times since December.. :D I cant get enough of that place.

jayhawksigns

Looking up the website for the restaurant you are talking about, we have one by another name here in town, its called Gauchos, and we have done sign work for them. I agree, it is definitely a different type of restaurant.

cwa

I'll be driving ~ hope its nice enough to put the top down on my Miata!
Has there been a decision on a resturant?

Leondo

Wow its really in orlando this year??? Im there! thats like down the road for me :thumb:

What day are you all going? If its thru April 8th which is a Saturday that would probably be good so no one misses work?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I'm going to go on Friday and return home on Saturday. What i've suggested but gotten very little feedback on is the idea of us Signs 101 folk meeting after the show on Friday and going out for dinner.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
No not at all. They have any number of categories for registrants. Just go to signs.org to register. There is a registration fee.

Leondo

Great, ill sign up then. on Friday what time are you all going out to eat? Ill probably try to get a room in orlando then for friday night and go to the event on saturday.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Going from memory, I think the show closes at 5 PM on Friday. That is when I would propose that those of us wanting to get together meet outside the exhibit hall.

srt10x3

Fred Weiss said:
Going from memory, I think the show closes at 5 PM on Friday. That is when I would propose that those of us wanting to get together meet outside the exhibit hall.

I'm going. I have room for 3-4 people as well.

As far as places to eat. Tons of great places, from cheap to insane. What kinda food and price range per person.

Moonfish is awesome seafood
Cedars for Lebonese
Tons of Thai place
Tons of Italian.

Craig