• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Issues with Gerber Edge 2 and Windows 10

Billings Sign Pro

Sign Company
Hello,

I am looking for solutions to my issue with getting the Gerber Edge 2 to work on Windows 10. We use Omega 5.0 and our Envision and Mimaki works just fine without any error. Our Gerber Edge 2 is recognized on Omega 5.0. The issue is when I send an item to print it has an error when I go to the foil part of the print. It isn't an issue with our actual Edge because I plugged everything back into the Windows 7 computer and everything printed just fine. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

I added photos to show you the error and the the WinUSB is supposed to be working.

Thank You

Attachments

• GQMgr Error.png
    GQMgr Error.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 345
  • WinUSB Working Properly.png
    WinUSB Working Properly.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

Joe House

Right click on the Gerber Edge in GQ Manager and select properties. Show us what the properties are in there.

Joe

Billings Sign Pro

Sign Company
Right click on the Gerber Edge in GQ Manager and select properties. Show us what the properties are in there.

Joe
Here are the Settings that I have.

Attachments

• 2023-03-13 14_16_27-Gerber Scientific Products - GQMgr 5.png
    2023-03-13 14_16_27-Gerber Scientific Products - GQMgr 5.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 2023-03-13 14_16_50-Gerber Scientific Products - GQMgr 5.png
    2023-03-13 14_16_50-Gerber Scientific Products - GQMgr 5.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 128

Jburns

I checked my 6.5, Edge 2 and I have all the same settings and cable as you. I run on windows 10.
I would re-seat the Parralel side of the cable to the printer, and USB side to the computer and restart everything. If it still doesnt work - try a lower number port on your computer. ( I have engraving software that seems to work better on lower number ports -and not thru USB Hubs. I see your edge is on Port 10

zillion29

Haven't touched an Edge 2 in about 7 years, but I seem to remember some strange setup issue with an ECP Parallel Port being required in the old days. It wouldn't work on any of the old PCs because they didn't have one. Have they made the Edge 2 USB compatible since then?