• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Issues with transfering files to versaworks

Turbophein

I have the following:

Roland SP300v running latest version of Versaworks

Adobe Illustrator 9.0
Adobe Master Collection CS3
Adobe Photoshop CS3
Flexisign pro 8.1

every time i make a file and try to transfer it to versaworks it throws a error, not a readable file. i use .psd .png .tiff .ai .eps none of them work. if i save to jpeg it will transfer but the image turns to crap. i can also convert to pdf which works bit also ruins the image.

i printed my first full size mx shroud today after converting it to .pdf it printed like crap around the edges of everything and i could not get the cut lines to show up.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Gabriel

Hi

"File is corrupt"?
If this is the message, you should try to reinstall versa works.
Hope that helps!

Gabriel

What rip/print software do you use? If you use versa works, i think that reinstalling it, will solve the problem.

Turbophein

i don't actually have the physical versaworks software, i bought my printer used, no software and i had a roland tech come out and install versaworks and set up the printer.

out of all my editng/sign software, i really like using adobe fireworks. which is a .png file. i think once i convert over to .pdf i am losing the quality. i am also not sure if fireworks is supporting the mx template cut lines???

anyone have a link to something like versaworks for dummies?

Roland

:)

There is a web site with short movies and all kind of examples myversacamm.com. Also, you can find some interesting short movies on Youtube.
Good luck!

Antonyu

I have the following:

Roland SP300v running latest version of Versaworks

Adobe Illustrator 9.0
Adobe Master Collection CS3
Adobe Photoshop CS3
Flexisign pro 8.1

every time i make a file and try to transfer it to versaworks it throws a error, not a readable file. i use .psd .png .tiff .ai .eps none of them work. if i save to jpeg it will transfer but the image turns to crap. i can also convert to pdf which works bit also ruins the image.

i printed my first full size mx shroud today after converting it to .pdf it printed like crap around the edges of everything and i could not get the cut lines to show up.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Make shure that your VersaWorks version is 4.2.1
If not, I would advise you to update it by closing VersaWorks and clicking on "Online Update" that it can be found in Start->Roland VersaWorks
If it does not work take a look at 8080 TCP port on your firewall

I dont have a SP300, but its best to check its firmware and update it accordingly.

Also, are you sending the file by the windows driver RolandVW or are you opening it on Queue A/B in VersaWorks?

For printing and working image files NEVER use Wi-Fi... even N 300mbps is not good enough.

Hope this helps.

MikeSTK

Dawns Vinyl Designs
We had a bug at one point. When we called in the first thing they had us do was Programs>Verssaworks>Initialize Application

I am not well versed but maybe this Initialize post will prompt someone more knowledgable to respond.

Hope it helps.

Turbophein

Make shure that your VersaWorks version is 4.2.1
If not, I would advise you to update it by closing VersaWorks and clicking on "Online Update" that it can be found in Start->Roland VersaWorks
If it does not work take a look at 8080 TCP port on your firewall

I dont have a SP300, but its best to check its firmware and update it accordingly.

Also, are you sending the file by the windows driver RolandVW or are you opening it on Queue A/B in VersaWorks?

For printing and working image files NEVER use Wi-Fi... even N 300mbps is not good enough.

Hope this helps.

i design my files at home on my laptop and bring them to my garage to print via usb memory stick. a lexar 16gb HD card that i use with my GoPro HD camera.

the only thing i can think of is that my garage computer does not have any of the design software, just versaworks. i can't transfer the files to the cpu because it doesn't support those files but i figured i could drag them from the memory stick right to versaworks, which works if i convert to .pdf

also i have no internet at my garage for the moment, i can however bring the cpu home if need be.

i am pretty sure it is the latest version of versaworks but i will contact him and ask.

thanks for the replies!