• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

It Hurts to Fly

Bradster941

I’m a bit prejudice on this because I flew this same airline from Florida to Michigan on the spur of the moment when my father was dieing 3 years ago and had this guys exact same experience. I had no choice but to take what I could get as the sardine can was booked with only 3 available seats when I booked my flight.

Non the less, what is reasonable for adequate space for someone that has no options to control their size? Weight can be argued to death, but height can’t.
(Did I mention I am as skinny as Mosh’s corn stalks but I am also 79” tall? )..

My knee’s hurt so bad when I was finally allowed to get up at arrival that, well, yada yada yada.

Smaller planes to save fuel cost is what they fly these days. Smaller seating space so they can squeeze a extra row of seats in for profits.

At what point is it abuse?

Watch this.

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/tall-passenger-forced-stand-entire-spirit-airlines-flight/story?id=12499695

SignManiac

It really does suck being tall. I'm 6'4" and have a hard time with plane seating, but my cousin Steve has it worse. He's 7' tall! I always request the emergency exit row as they have more leg room.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
At what point is it abuse?

at no point is it abuse.

some people don't have legs, should we make everything legless friendly?

some people don't have arms, do we make everything armless friendly???

if you are too tall, you have to suck it up and pay for a seat that you can sit in.

if circumstances prevent that, then you stand.....

MikePro

6'4" here, as well, and I INSIST on an aisle or window seat so there's at least some direction I can lean my legs to. Riding a greyhound bus is even worse!

always try to get exit rows... you get an extra 3' of legroom.
seriously tho', if they elimated 1, maybe 2, rows of seats... that's extra space for EVERYONE! AND, you may actually have room in the overheads for the stuff when the flight gets sold out.

Si Allen

Just be glad that you were not on one of the little turboprop planes.

One trip ... I had to change to one of those puddle jumpers for the last leg of the trip.

I am 6' 1" and kinda chunky .. I had to crouch to get to the seat in back, then sit bent over and lean to one side. Felt like I was in a drain pipe.

:banghead::banghead::banghead: