• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

It's Crooked

How many times are you putting something up and someone walks by and says "it's crooked" or "it's upside-down"?? Can you think of something more original because I've heard that about a million times and it wasn't even funny the first time...

bannertime

I'll take that over someone walking on my graphics. Doing a full coverage window graphics late one night. We have the graphics laying out in front of each window. Not a single person in sight or even a car passing by, but out of nowhere this homeless guy walks over every single one of them. They ended up being fine, but my assistant, a prior felon, was getting ready to go back to jail that night.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I had a dentist tell me "it's crooked" one time as I was putting on masking tape hinges. I told him it was just the way the backing made it look. He insisted I remeasure. Sure enough, it was 1/8" off.

He had a good eye.

2B

one of our installs is noted for his snarky comebacks.
"it is crooked" usually gets
  • then you better stop looking
  • Tilt your head the other way
  • If you stood up straight, you could see better
  • don't slouch
the spelling one always sends a shiver, even if I know it is right

Jay Grooms

Printing, Printing, Printing......
Yeah that's a great one. I get "how's the weather up there" or "OMG you're tall" Like I don't fking know that.

I'll take that over someone walking on my graphics. Doing a full coverage window graphics late one night. We have the graphics laying out in front of each window. Not a single person in sight or even a car passing by, but out of nowhere this homeless guy walks over every single one of them. They ended up being fine, but my assistant, a prior felon, was getting ready to go back to jail that night.
I remember reading that story on another post lol..that sucks

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Yes this one is familiar. When we install at the gas stations we have to set up cones to shut down the lanes one at a time.
Drivers take it as a challenge to try to get though them like it is a auto cross or drifting course.

clarizeyale

Yes this one is familiar. When we install at the gas stations we have to set up cones to shut down the lanes one at a time.
Drivers take it as a challenge to try to get though them like it is a auto cross or drifting course.

I set up cones one time doing work inside a hotel cuz we had scaffolding set up with outriggers and people just do not give any F's. :rolleyes: i just gave up and if they trip, that's on them.

Another time we were doing work at a retail location and had the scaffolding set up in front of the elevator doors.. Dude KNEW we were moving about and installing but he was on his phone and as the door opened, I was on the scaffolding, looked down, and watched his head hit the scaffolding... hard. LOL (the location wasn't open to the public at this time)

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I set up cones one time doing work inside a hotel cuz we had scaffolding set up with outriggers and people just do not give any F's. :rolleyes: i just gave up and if they trip, that's on them.

Another time we were doing work at a retail location and had the scaffolding set up in front of the elevator doors.. Dude KNEW we were moving about and installing but he was on his phone and as the door opened, I was on the scaffolding, looked down, and watched his head hit the scaffolding... hard. LOL (the location wasn't open to the public at this time)

It amazes me how people will walk through cones and caution tape and right below a sign that I'm pulling the last screw out of 30' high on a pole... You better hope I got that thing secured because there is only one true test to that!

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Just happened two weeks ago.....so....

In a dead-serious tone of voice, I tell them that we reserve the option to jack up one side of the the floor (or ground) to make it look more level. Then I proceed with some nonsensical method of shenanigans.

They always get that "Edith Bunker" look on their face trying to imagine how that works.

It's almost as fun as screwing around with telemarketers....

But all silliness aside...there is such a thing as "level" and "optically level"....much like "centered" and "optically centered". Optical illusions can be a real pain in the arse if you're not careful. Uneven ground, weird signboard shapes, and certain typefaces really can make things challenging sometimes.

JB

Last edited:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
How many times are you putting something up and someone walks by and says "it's crooked" or "it's upside-down"?? Can you think of something more original because I've heard that about a million times and it wasn't even funny the first time...

What about when they say "Hey, ya mispelled somethin"

I tell them "Shhhh! Don't tell anyone"

Then they look puzzled while they try to figure out whats misspelled... hahaha:D