• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

It's here!!!!! It's here!!!!!

LarryB

I'm a big Roland fan but do not see this selling well. Only 133 sf/hour. Let's see what the actual numbers are as we know published numbers are always higher. I wonder what the ink costs are.

For the money I would look at the HP FB500 which is showing 398 sf/hour and only $30k more. The HP also prints MDO and does not need special ventilation.

Donny7833

Looks to me like a market tester for an actual flatbed. Roland, give me a real 4x8 flatbed with twice the speed for the same price and I'll take a very hard look...

Biker Scout

I've printed on my older Mutoh 1204 with a sheet of Aluminum .040 and it worked just fine. But the Mutoh has pinch rollers all the way across. Our Roland only has those intermittent rollers, which I hate the placement of btw. I can't see that moving heavy material very well.

dlndesign

Just like anything else, it takes a first step to get new technology rolling along. I can see this evolving into a great machine. Just imagine not having to laminate and pulling pieces off the printer practically ready to go out the door. That is a amazing feeling.

Pat Whatley

I'm not a big Roland fan, but I do know they don't tend to release a machine unless it's up to the task the say it's up to

WRONG!
Go ask the THOUSANDS of people who bought a ColorCamm how well Roland did designing the machine and even more importantly how pathetic the customer service was when they realized the machine was underbuilt.

Biker Scout

Yeah, you can get a CET Color 6x10 True UV Flatbed with White Ink option for $79k... a far better investment than a $65k experiment from Roland.

Letterbox Mike

WRONG!
Go ask the THOUSANDS of people who bought a ColorCamm how well Roland did designing the machine and even more importantly how pathetic the customer service was when they realized the machine was underbuilt.

haha, touché my friend. I went down that road too and remember it all too well. I guess every company is allowed one slipup...

VinylLabs.com

Nice! very nice. I would have loved to get this machine! I called up one of my suppliers and when they told me 86k i was like "eep!!" :(

Congrats on the purchase!

showcase 66

Looked pretty cool. Didnt seem to go to fast. Not sure how fast most printers go to begin with. Didnt seem that to many people were really looking at it. Alot would look at the show and then go look at the other Roland Printers. Roland is also coming out with a small 20" wide printer that can print the metallic as well. I was told it was mainly for doming or small decals. I would only think small things would be done with this small of a printer. Price range was 7-8k for it. Doesnt seem worth it to me.