• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

It's here!!!!! It's here!!!!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It doesn't appear to be very rugged.

I wonder what the weight limit will be ??

Do you know you can turn any of their other machines into this type of printer for little money invested, with your current ink set up ??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Alright, it's no secret anymore, it's not going to be completely like a flatbed, but it is kinda slick.

You could probably do this with just about any brand roll inkjet, aqueous and maybe even true solvent printers.

• Your heads need to usually be on their highest settings when in this mode.

If you look at those nifty roller tables, you could either use them or what we did was built a table front and back and could load thin substrate in the back and the rollers would pull it through and lay the ink down. You'll need some heat for and aft to assist, but it will eventually dry on most surfaces.

We used it with shocard, gatorboard and some other materials without much of any loss of clarity or preciseness. We had to stay under 3/16" I think. Naturally, there were certain substrates you couldn't print to with one or another printers, but when we had the aqueous and inkjet, we could print to most anything.... but thin.

Again, it's not an ideal setup, but it sure was nice to direct print to maybe 20% of our signs when others never even thought of it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It prints the lamination on. That would be awesome!
Many of today's flatbeds have this capibility. The one we have... we opted not to have it. It cost like an extra $15,000 if I'm not mistaken.

artbot

i've seen the uv rolands printing clear at a trade show. it's like 4 square feet an hour. had to make several over prints to build up the surface.

Letterbox Mike

Looks like it'll run up to 1/2" thick 26lb boards, so foamcore, gator, coro, 3mm and maybe 6mm PVC should work fine through it. I'm not a big Roland fan, but I do know they don't tend to release a machine unless it's up to the task the say it's up to so this may actually be a decent little machine, especially for the money. Slow as dirt, but oh well...

phototec

Do you know you can turn any of their other machines into this type of printer for little money invested, with your current ink set up ??

I don't think so!

I thought a typical EcoSol ink printer needs the pre and post heaters for the ink to bond to the roll media, even if you could modify your roll media printer to run a ridged 1/2" thick piece of media through the printer with EcoSol ink, I don't think the heaters would be able to transfer heat through the 1/2 thick media, to cure the the ink?

For the reasons mentioned above, most flat bed printers use UV ink and an over-head UV light source to cure the ink onto thick materials.

Please show me how you think you can achieve what you say?
:help

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I thought a typical EcoSol ink printer needs the pre and post heaters for the ink to bond to the roll media

nope.... when i want to leave a long print and not have to come back to the shop to shut down the printer, i just turn off the heaters.

takes a few hours to really cure, but it eventually does.