• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help JFX 200 Loud Head Movement

jbarry14

We have a JFX200-2513. Recently the movement of the head started to get very loud. It seems like the head is having trouble or added resistance moving. I am thinking that the slide units on the linear rails are starting to go bad. I see that they have grease zerks on them, but they have a hexagonal shape to them. The part numbers that are listed in the maintenance part list, I can't find anywhere online. I also can't seem to find anything about this problem online. Has anyone had any experience with the linear rails or the slide units going bad?

The part numbers are MES15C1S2E998 Slide unit For upper and middle
MES15C1S2E999 Slide unit For upper and left side
MES15C1S2E996 Slide unit For bottom and right side
MES15C1S2E997 Slide unit For bottom and left side
MESC15C1S2E344 Slide unit For upper and right side (small block)

Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Edit: I found the part numbers you mentioned in my price list. They want $257 each.

In general, Mimaki will tell you never to mess with the linear rail as it requires special equipment at the factory to get installed right. They don't stock them here in the US for that reason.

One of our field techs had a similar issue to you but he said the noise was not very loud but it did cause jamming errors from the resistance. It ended up being a bad Y bearing/pulley and Y belt. The bearing caused the pulley to skew and it chewed up the belt. I'd check the belt for damage. Maybe it's a similar issue.

Last edited:

Smoke_Jaguar

Lots of good videos on greasing linear rails for 3D printers and such, but Mimaki tends to grease them right. Once that is done, best not to mess with them as over greasing can cause headaches as well. Can always try a stethoscope to see where the noise is coming from. As for the carriages, they're bone stock HiWin carriages usually, about $30-50 for proper ones. Can get knockoffs way cheaper, but might as well go name brand.

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
I had this problem and was advised to lube the rails (not sure what exactly they are called but the silver ones the carriage rides on) with 3 in 1 oil. I did that and the noise went away.

Smoke_Jaguar

Rails tend to accumulate dirt and debris, that combined with tiny ball bearings leads to noise. 3 in 1 isn't terrible, so should be fine. A light wipedown with a cloth with a few drops of lubricant on it works great if you start to notice buildup of crap.

IPreferPC

One of our field techs had a similar issue to you but he said the noise was not very loud but it did cause jamming errors from the resistance. It ended up being a bad Y bearing/pulley

What bearing(s) does the big Y toothed gear use? My bearing has gone bad and I need to replace ASAP.