• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help JFX200 White Ink Problems

jbarry14

JFX200-2513. I am having problems with the white ink. It is creating almost like a mist, deflection, or shadows to our prints. I have replaced the white ink filters, put in new white ink. I changed the head gap to 1.5mm, I have done all the digital alignments. Have adjusted the head voltage. We had new heads put in about a year ago. I also get good nozzle checks. No matter what I have done, The white ink continues to print the same way. In one of the images I attached, you can see during the digital alignments, there are 2 lines for the white alignments.

Image_2021-10-28 10_35_46_017.JPG

Image_2021-10-28 11_03_20_159.JPG

APC Tech NE

Wow nice images!
These are satellite droplets next to the intended droplet. Normally I would recommend voltage adjustment to improve but this apparently did not help in this case. Anything that effects ink viscosity could also be to blame. Check the head heater assy. If everything is working OK you may have separated ink in the system. In this case flush the 7 and 8 channels completely with the 07 washing liquid.

jbarry14

Wow nice images!
These are satellite droplets next to the intended droplet. Normally I would recommend voltage adjustment to improve but this apparently did not help in this case. Anything that effects ink viscosity could also be to blame. Check the head heater assy. If everything is working OK you may have separated ink in the system. In this case flush the 7 and 8 channels completely with the 07 washing liquid.
I do keep getting 2 errors, "MACHINE TEMP ./L -3C" This error has been on for a few weeks now. Not sure how to fix it, I did replace the sensor, but no change. Also, every now and again I get a "!H1 HEATER BREAK" error, but restarting the machine seems to fix that. But maybe these are causing an issue?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I do keep getting 2 errors, "MACHINE TEMP ./L -3C" This error has been on for a few weeks now. Not sure how to fix it, I did replace the sensor, but no change. Also, every now and again I get a "!H1 HEATER BREAK" error, but restarting the machine seems to fix that. But maybe these are causing an issue?

The first error is the ambient temperature being too low. Is the printer in a climate controlled area?

The second error straight up means the heater on head 1 is broken. The only problem is that head 1 is not the white head.

jbarry14

The first error is the ambient temperature being too low. Is the printer in a climate controlled area?

The second error straight up means the heater on head 1 is broken. The only problem is that head 1 is not the white head.
Yes, the printer is in a climate controlled environment. Same temperature and humidity all the time. I replaced the sensor, but the error is still there. Just not sure what is causing our white ink to print the way it is.

Superior_Adam

Could be a few things. What is the humidity in the room? If humidity is low it can cause white ink problems. Static? Static can cause ink droplets to move from the intended position. nozzle deflection? What does the actual nozzle test look like. If a nozzle is partially blocked the ink will come out crooked.

jbarry14

Could be a few things. What is the humidity in the room? If humidity is low it can cause white ink problems. Static? Static can cause ink droplets to move from the intended position. nozzle deflection? What does the actual nozzle test look like. If a nozzle is partially blocked the ink will come out crooked.
Humidity and temperature of the room are always the same since we have bought the machine about 7 years ago. We have the Anti-static option installed and also use a static roller on all of our media before printing. We get the same results no matter what substrate we print on. Nozzle check comes out perfect with no missing nozzles or deflection.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Humidity and temperature of the room are always the same since we have bought the machine about 7 years ago. We have the Anti-static option installed and also use a static roller on all of our media before printing. We get the same results no matter what substrate we print on. Nozzle check comes out perfect with no missing nozzles or deflection.
I'm with APC on this one. It sounds like the ink has just separated and needs to be flushed/refilled.

jbarry14

I'm with APC on this one. It sounds like the ink has just separated and needs to be flushed/refilled.
So, We have flushed everything for head 2, white and clear, no change. I have installed a new head and sub tank. I installed a new capping station, and adjusted those. I replaced the solenoid valve and white filters on the heads. We have steady negative and positive pressure. None of that solved the issue. I did take all of the heads off the ionizer and cleaned those, that seemed to have solved the satellite droplet issue. But we are still getting a haze or mist around our prints from white and gloss. It was hard to tell if the gloss was doing it, but if we print matte, you can see it right away. All of the digital alignments are spot on, its not an alignment issue. Head voltage is also not the issue. Just not sure what else to look for. Pretty much replaced everything.

jbarry14

Also don't forget to bypass the capsules during flushing, you will never get all of the washing liquid out :)
So, We have flushed everything for head 2, white and clear, no change. I have installed a new head and sub tank. I installed a new capping station, and adjusted those. I replaced the solenoid valve and white filters on the heads. We have steady negative and positive pressure. None of that solved the issue. I did take all of the heads off the ionizer and cleaned those, that seemed to have solved the satellite droplet issue. But we are still getting a haze or mist around our prints from white and gloss. It was hard to tell if the gloss was doing it, but if we print matte, you can see it right away. All of the digital alignments are spot on, its not an alignment issue. Head voltage is also not the issue. Just not sure what else to look for. Pretty much replaced everything.

Headstrike

Mimaki Wide Format Printer Services
What's the humidity level in the room?
Is the printer on top of carpet?
Are you printing 300dpi?
Did you try a different resolution?

Normally this kind of issue is caused by an old head, too much static or wrong voltages.

Also, are you using Mimaki inks or third party?

jbarry14

What's the humidity level in the room?
Is the printer on top of carpet?
Are you printing 300dpi?
Did you try a different resolution?
Humidity stays around 60
Printer in on Laminate floor
Prints the same at all resolutions, Bi-directional and Uni-Directional.

Headstrike

Mimaki inks or third party?
Also "around" 60 might be too much sometimes, as the required maximum humidity is 65%.

Headstrike

You said that you tried lowering the voltages, right?
Did you check them under Speed?
No overspray there?

jbarry14

You said that you tried lowering the voltages, right?
Did you check them under Speed?
No overspray there?
I have adjusted voltages. I checked them under speed. If you look at the above images I posted, even though those are from the alignments, I get double lines from white and gloss sometimes in all alignments.