• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help JFX200 White Ink Problems

Headstrike

Mimaki Wide Format Printer Services
What if you swap the 2 head cables on the HDC? I'm thinking it might be a PCB issue.
So, connect H1 on the H2 connector on the HDC and vice versa.

jbarry14

What if you swap the 2 head cables on the HDC? I'm thinking it might be a PCB issue.
So, connect H1 on the H2 connector on the HDC and vice versa.
Are you talking about swapping these wider cables around?

Attachments

• 20211117_102502.jpg
    20211117_102502.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 88

Headstrike

Yeah, both even and odd with machine off. Colors will be completely off position but you should see if it stops overspraying on white and clear (and technically start on colors).

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
Could this possibly be an encoder strip issue? Or less likely, a voltage issue? Sounds like you have tried just about everything else under the sun.

Headstrike

Could this possibly be an encoder strip issue? Or less likely, a voltage issue? Sounds like you have tried just about everything else under the sun.
Encoder cannot cause an overspray on only one head, but voltages do.
But unfortunately they already tried that too.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
We just replaced the head and subtank 2 days ago with same printing results
In that case, headstrike is probably right. Might be a bad PCB or environment issue. Doing the cable swap should tell you more about where the issue is. If the white stops spraying and the new color starts to spray, that tells you it's not an ink issue. If the white continues to spray, that would make it more likely to be an ink issue.

jbarry14

In that case, headstrike is probably right. Might be a bad PCB or environment issue. Doing the cable swap should tell you more about where the issue is. If the white stops spraying and the new color starts to spray, that tells you it's not an ink issue. If the white continues to spray, that would make it more likely to be an ink issue.
Yep, Swapped around the cables and the white printed great.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Yep, Swapped around the cables and the white printed great.
That would probably be the next step. The HDC board does many things but one of them is amplifying the head signal. If that circuit is malfunctioning it could affect the way the nozzles fire for a single channel. Feel free to contact us for the board. We don't stock it but can drop ship.