• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just Bought a Falcon II 64"

tattoo.dan

and it will be packaged and unplugged for about 5 days. What are the chances the heads won't be clogged by the time I get it hooked up?

Guy says he can't flush before he ships which would be ideal. I just don't want to unclog another printer if I don't have too!

Vinylman

I think what I would suggest Is that you would have him at print a reasonably large full-color print the width of the printer and perhaps 24 to 36 inches deep.
This would make sure that all the printheads are working, the lines are open, and that within hours of shutting the printer down you are ready to ship it.

Then have him do the standard head cleaning and docking procedure for the machine, and have him make sure that the print head is securely docked on the maintenance station. If he happens to have the original shipping clamps that came with the printer they should be attached to secure the head in place to prevent any movement of the head off of the maintenance station while transporting.

You did not state whether you will be picking this up or having it shipped by a common carrier.
if you are going to transport this yourself personally in either a truck or a closed trailer all I would do is secure the ink cartridges in the machine with some tape and then move the machine on its original stand if possible into your vehicle and securely strap it so that it will not move.

If you are shipping it by common carrier, there are additional steps that you must look into and be very certain that they are followed meticulously.

Two years ago I moved a 64 inch Miamaki JV33 digital printer from Tampa Florida to Northeast Ohio with absolutely no problems by following the above procedures best of luck with your new purchase.

EPP

What did you pay for it? Some guy is trying to push one off on me right now for 3k -- was gonna start looking around to see if this was a good deal or not.

tattoo.dan

It will be shipping by common carrier. He is packaging and I already talked to him about making sure the head carriage was locked in place over the capping station. I will have him print a 2x3 before he starts tearing it down.

I will see if I purchase the cleaning cartridges if he will flush it first of all. If I can get ahold of him today, I could have them to him tomorrow. Thanks..

Anybody have experience with one of these? I have a mimaki jv3 spII as well as a falcon outdoor. Wondered if anyone knew about what the cost to print was? As it stands now, I feel my Outdoor does a more economical job printing. Mimaki is like 100 times faster though! :thankyou:

tattoo.dan

What did you pay for it? Some guy is trying to push one off on me right now for 3k -- was gonna start looking around to see if this was a good deal or not.

If the heads are good I would think that is decent deal. I just needed to be able to print 5ft banners and wanted to be able to print large enough to cover most body panels. I will let you know more in a couple weeks!

tattoo.dan

okay. finally got printer today and got it hooked up. now i am getting a "not original ink" error. they are mutoh cartridges. any advice anyone? i am researching now. thanks

tattoo.dan

okay, so i powered off, removed all cartridges, put em back in one at a time. then in and out and in and out and got it goin. wow. am i gonna have this to look forward too! :)

tattoo.dan

As I stated earlier...I would think that is decent deal....

thanks for typing slowly...i got onyx rip and some computers too and paid a little more than that....now I am fighting heaters, so good luck!