• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just bought a MUTOH VJ1614 ECOSOL printer which vinyl is best to use for vehicle wrap

mitsfreak12

Hi all,

Am excited of this new venture in producing prints for vehicle wraps. Wondering and wanted to ask what is the best vinyl and laminate material I can use for trailer and automotive wraps?

thanks

MikePro

talk to your local supplier to find out what they offer.

personally,
I go with Orajet 3551RA/290overlam for flat panels (wall murals and partial-wraps on flat surfaces) and 3M IJ180Cv3/8519overlam for everything else (rivots, handles, bumpers, hoods, and basically anything with dimension to it!)

WrapperX

Are you planning on continuing to outsource the installations of your future wraps? If you plan on outsourcing ask your installer what they prefer. After all they are the ones that are going to have to work with it.

If you plan on taking on the adventure of wrapping yourself. I would try each product out yourself. Where as suggestions from those who have done may help, I have found that each person has a different take and expectations from their vinyl.

Personally I've used 3M IJ180 series from C to the CV3. I've used Mactacs vehicle, and I've used Oracals. Even after working with all three of those I still prefer to use the Avery 1005 EZRS Supercast. I find that it works best with my style. So I would get decent amounts of samples from each possible supplier of any vehicle vinyl you are interested in and wrap something with it. You'll know quick enough which you prefer and then from there you will know what material you want to spend your $ on.