• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just found this. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Found these two guys last night in an old box of photographs. See how nicely dressed they were for their respected jobs.

early vinyl wrapper.jpg
early sign painter.jpg

Stacey K

I like making signs
If you hover over the photos it says, "Early vinyl wrapper" and "Early sign painter".

My great grandfather started his "vinyl wrapping" business in 1903...LOL

unclebun

Of course, to sit for a portrait even if it was a work portrait, the subject would have dressed up. That said, back then it appears everyone dressed that way if they could. Even in the 1950s and early 60s people wore tie and jacket to do almost anything. As a kid I remember that was also how you dressed to fly on a plane or even take a train trip.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
As a kid I remember that was also how you dressed to fly on a plane or even take a train trip.
Same here. People act and dress like slobs when they fly now. There should be a dress code on airplanes, studies show in schools that it makes for better behavior, something that is desperately needed on flights today.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I have a viewing to go to tonight for a cousin of mine. Wife said, you better not be wearing your bluejeans and work shoes. You wear a nice coat & tie and good dress pants. Do I hafta change my underwear, too ?? Ever see darts coming out of your wife's eyes..... maybe daggers.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you stare at the wrapper guy (the first one), you can see his head turn ever so slightly and then wink. Try it.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Of course, to sit for a portrait even if it was a work portrait, the subject would have dressed up. That said, back then it appears everyone dressed that way if they could. Even in the 1950s and early 60s people wore tie and jacket to do almost anything. As a kid I remember that was also how you dressed to fly on a plane or even take a train trip.
My grandparents lived out in the country on a farm. I remember they would get dressed up to go to town - which was a really small town. Didn't matter if they were going to the hardware store, grocery store or the bank. They always dressed to go to town.

Boudica

You always feel better about yourself when you are dressed nicely and perhaps do a better job at work. They say the same about chewing gum, it gives you confidence. I find this to be true.
Dress for success! but don't snap your gum - that's just obnoxious.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Always found it fascinating how back when people rode horses on dusty dirty unpaved streets, before vaccum cleaners, washers & dryers, showers, they always dressed nice... Today we ride in cars with micro air filtration, everything is paved, so sanitary, and we dress like slobs.

Boudica

Talk about your walking dead and cults................
Well, I currently have the tv on some program about Amish Witches in Ohio... I'm not really watching it, but there is a lot of screaming. I may have to watch it for real when I get home.