• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

just got the new Seal 54 EL laminator

gabagoo

I don't think there are to many of these out in the marketplace yet. I saw the price and knew it was going to work for me.

I just ran 4- 36" x 54" prints pretty effortlessy and they look great.

I used the BS for about a year but I knew that to laminate larger items I couldn't quite get the pressure even with it so it was inevitable that I would have to buyy a laminator some day, and today was the day.
I think I will still use my collection of BS's for smaller single jobs and mounting printed vinyl as I can do them pretty fast.

I want to thank Craig and Harold from the Equipment Guys!!!!

Thank you

gabagoo

well it worked just fine the first time I ran something through it and I am "el inexperienced" at it.
I did have a drytac laminator before but it was a real pain and I refused to use it to ruin jobs. It had two nip controls and near impossible to get the right pressure without sacrificying prints.

Sticky Signs

Congrats on the new toy.
If and when you need service, make sure you get Brian Gibson to take care of the Seal for you. He's a great tech and a great guy.

The Equipment Guy

Hey Barry,

Glad you are happy with it...I was very pleased that it was you who picked it up. They are kind of a rare beast right now, we won't be seeing any more until at least the end of December.

Wraps...the Canadian list price is $6,200, we are currently offering it for $5,995 on pre-orders. If you are in the GTAA we will do free install and training too. I think $5,995 is probably going to be the "street" price for this unit, but free training can't hurt...

Sticky, you are absolutely correct, there is nobody I would have do any major work on a Seal other than Brian...he's who I have used for about 20 years now. But my partner, Harold's no slouch either, lol. (Ex-GBC wide format guru)

If you want to see the online demo or the brochure its on our site at http://www.theequipmentguy.ca/?page_id=135

Thanks again Barry!

Craig

gabagoo

Hey Barry,

Glad you are happy with it...I was very pleased that it was you who picked it up. They are kind of a rare beast right now, we won't be seeing any more until at least the end of December.

Wraps...the Canadian list price is $6,200, we are currently offering it for $5,995 on pre-orders. If you are in the GTAA we will do free install and training too. I think $5,995 is probably going to be the "street" price for this unit, but free training can't hurt...

Sticky, you are absolutely correct, there is nobody I would have do any major work on a Seal other than Brian...he's who I have used for about 20 years now. But my partner, Harold's no slouch either, lol. (Ex-GBC wide format guru)

If you want to see the online demo or the brochure its on our site at http://www.theequipmentguy.ca/?page_id=135

Thanks again Barry!

Craig

yaaa harold just quickly gave me the 10 min fly through due to the day, but it was enough for me to get the idea and reload a new lam and runa job. This laminator has much smaller footprint than the Drytac and will fit in quite nice here. Now I just have to find some prints for it

The Equipment Guy

The obvious advantages are a wider Nip opening (1"), way faster and ruggedness which helps when mounting substrate. The other advantage over some of the Ultras is the ability to infinitely gage the nip opening and the pressure applied between 1" an 0".

The Ultra S, however, has the ability to warm or heat a laminate.

Craig