• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just one of those days...

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
No wonder you are what you are today....... you are so gullible. :ROFLMAO:

Or you could go into real estate.

kelso-burn.jpeg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Naww, he wouldn't survive. You actually have to have some talent and skill in the real estate game. Unlike the sign industry where any hack can seem to run a thriving shop lately.

He's finally seen the light. He has identified with himself. :covereyes: My heart is breaking.................................:notworthy:

I just wish the darned government was this transparent.............. :popcorn:

HulkSmash

Naww, he wouldn't survive. You actually have to have some talent and skill in the real estate game. Unlike the sign industry where any hack can seem to run a thriving shop lately.

um. I was going to refrain until you said this. Are you dumb?

Locals Find!

um. I was going to refrain until you said this. Are you dumb?

Nope, not at all. If you don't believe me look at all the hacks in your own city running shops that are doing a good turn of business. You can't tell me my statement isn't true we all see the bad work out there, stuff that makes my designs look good even on occasion.

Whether you like it or, not my statement is true. The general public doesn't give one shat about good design or a quality product they only want the lowest price. The better clients like your getting aren't the average joe customer and you damn well know it.

HulkSmash

Nope, not at all. If you don't believe me look at all the hacks in your own city running shops that are doing a good turn of business. You can't tell me my statement isn't true we all see the bad work out there, stuff that makes my designs look good even on occasion.

Whether you like it or, not my statement is true. The general public doesn't give one shat about good design or a quality product they only want the lowest price. The better clients like your getting aren't the average joe customer and you damn well know it.

I don't need to look at hacks around me, i just need to look at you, and you in the business of real estate.

/end.

Gino

Premium Subscriber

There is no denying there are hacks in our industry. You... are prime number one example of this fact. However, this is the part [in red above] that makes your statement totally false. You don't need the talent to flip a house or sell one if you can schmooze the seller into selling cheap enough. To be a real estate agent, you need the talent of gab and double talk, much the same as a 'Used Car Salesman'. I know too many people in that business and for 40 years, they haven't changed much, except most of them pay their own way now and have become cheap/tighta$$ customers. However, that's in the residential sector. The commercial is far better... anyway for us to work with.

Addie, why don't you make that list we talked about. It's only gonna help you. Seriously.

4R Graphics

I see what your saying I dont think you are whinning about everything you just have vision and want to move into doing the next big thing and the boss is still stuck in the lets just plug away and get by.

Well thats what I got from your original post.

If this is the case you have a few options
1 stay and learn what you can about ALL aspects of the business sales, marketing, design etc... then branch out later into your own shop.

2 Talk to the owner you said he has an answer for not doing something like Wraps so show him find one and do it. Example go find a wrap to do close the sale get good money for it and outsource the print work to either your boss or someone here on the forum and install it yourself keep track of everything from design time to install time etc... then either consider doing it yourself on the side (outsource until you can afford equipment)or not or show the boss the numbers and perhaps you will be the wrap dept manager up to you.

3 Quit and go to work somewhere else in the industry or not.

4 Put your head down and just do your job never looking up for anything more.

There were 2 things my Dad always told me growing up (he owned his own business).

1. The more you learn the more you earn.
2 Youll never get rich working for someone else.

Learn what you can then work for yourself.

Good luck with your adventure.

Chriswagner92

I see what your saying I dont think you are whinning about everything you just have vision and want to move into doing the next big thing and the boss is still stuck in the lets just plug away and get by.

Well thats what I got from your original post.

If this is the case you have a few options
1 stay and learn what you can about ALL aspects of the business sales, marketing, design etc... then branch out later into your own shop.

2 Talk to the owner you said he has an answer for not doing something like Wraps so show him find one and do it. Example go find a wrap to do close the sale get good money for it and outsource the print work to either your boss or someone here on the forum and install it yourself keep track of everything from design time to install time etc... then either consider doing it yourself on the side (outsource until you can afford equipment)or not or show the boss the numbers and perhaps you will be the wrap dept manager up to you.

3 Quit and go to work somewhere else in the industry or not.

4 Put your head down and just do your job never looking up for anything more.

There were 2 things my Dad always told me growing up (he owned his own business).

Learn what you can then work for yourself.

Good luck with your adventure.

EXACTLY! Maybe it was just that I'm not happy with the quality/scale of the work we do that ticked me off. I was actually going to wrap my own car when I save some money up and be like " I can do this, let's start offering it". Granted we only have a 54 inch printer I think we can still get by, especially for color change wraps.

rdmdarr

My dad always said owning a business is awesome, you only have to work half days 6 days a week. Either you work the first 12 hrs or the second 12.:ROFLMAO:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Words to, if not live by, at lease be aware of...

Deteriorata

Go placidly amid the noise and waste,
And remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Avoid quiet and passive persons unless you are in need of sleep.
Rotate your tires.
Speak glowingly of those greater than yourself,
And heed well their advice, even though they be turkeys.
Know what to kiss and when.
Consider that two wrongs never make a right,
But that three lefts do.
Wherever possible put people on "HOLD".
Be comforted that in the face of all aridity and disillusionment,
And despite the changing fortunes of time,
There is always a big future in computer maintenance.
Remember the Pueblo.
Strive at all times to bend, fold, spindle and mutilate.
Know yourself. If you need help, call the FBI.
Exercise caution in your daily affairs,
Especially with those persons closest to you;
That lemon on your left for instance.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls,
Would scarcely get your feet wet.
Fall not in love therefore; it will stick to your face.
Carefully surrender the things of youth: birds, clean air, tuna, Taiwan,
And let not the sands of time get in your lunch.
For a good time, call 606-4311.
Take heart amid the deepening gloom that your dog
Is finally getting enough cheese;
And reflect that whatever fortunes may be your lot,
It could only be worse in Sioux City.
You are a fluke of the Universe.
You have no right to be here, and whether you can hear it or not,
The Universe is laughing behind your back.
Therefore make peace with your God whatever you conceive him to be,
Hairy Thunderer or Cosmic Muffin.
With all its hopes, dreams, promises, and urban renewal,
The world continues to deteriorate.
Give up.
--From the National Lampoon Radio Dinner album.

Stop sniveling.

TammieH

Like most people, I was having great difficulty when my Dad passed away in the early 2000's just before Christmas (my son moved away that same fall). Family was in town and I volunteered to go get ice cream at Graeter's, anyone from Cincy will know about Graeter's. :)

Any way arrived at the Kenwood location, and as I was walking in, there was a van from the Shriner's Burn Center...they had brought a small group of burn victims from the hospital...OMG this was the first time I have ever witnessed something so horrible, my heart went out to them...

This put things in perspective, no matter how bad I felt for our loss, I thought to myself...these poor children and a few older people have to live with their misfortune for the rest of their lives

So think of your day compared to what people like this have to endure,

During any given day, if whatever you deal with short of some sort of tragedy, you've probably had a pretty good day.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
To the O/P

NO SNIVELING

Reminds me of the little sign over the kitchen sink in Nags Head NC that we rent every summer on the beach...

For both kids and adults...

I tell young people all the time, learn a trade well, take advantage of living at home, start your own business

before you have huge commitments and bills...