• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just picked up my first inkjet printer Roland vp300

Printexrick

I'm a big thermal printer user and I just got my first inkjet Roland vp300 from someone I know. It shut down during printing on her. No power. I tried all the fixes on this and other sites. I'm some what technical with these types of things but have had no luck this far. I have the schimatics and still no luck. So I'm here first post! Anyone have a parts machine? Thanks for your help. Oh and love this forum glad to be a part of it finally.

Printexrick

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I get lights on a green at the printer head board, a red under the printer board above the heads. A blinking light at power up on the Ethernet connector that goes off after it blinks a few times, And a green light on the motherboard but it flickers dim like it wants to stay on then goes out. But if I keep turning the printer on and off eventually it will stay on. Also the power board has been changed by a Roland tech. And is working. Just no power up or on the control panel.
Thanks again.

C5 Service&Repair

well the control panels can go bad, although rare. There is only one ribbon cable that feeds the control panel, so remove and inspect the prongs and make sure they are all good and aligned properly.
If a tech just replaced the power board and you're having power issues.....