• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Review Just please remember...........................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Memorial Banner Final small.jpg

DPD

I was sitting at my desk when I got a call telling me that a plane went into the WTC. I didn't believe it. I turned on my TV to see a second plane and then realized this was no accident. I was watching people jump from a 100 story building to save their lives. Then came the collapse of the buildings. Its a scene I'll never forget. I worked right across the street from those buildings and know someone that never returned home that day.
Then I hear a third plane is heading into the white house and wondered how someone could hate america so much to kill so many innocent people. If not for the passengers volunteering to take that plane down somewhere in PA the white house would be no more not to mention the lives of those walking in the streets.
Brings tears to my eyes. I guess you had to be there.

Generations have passed and one day this will be a distant memory.

WildWestDesigns

Then I hear a third plane is heading into the white house and wondered how someone could hate america so much to kill so many innocent people.

And now, we have people that are born here that are going around chanting "Death to America".

Generations have passed and one day this will be a distant memory.

It will take less time then you think. In fact, some people are getting vilified for actually even doing what Gino did in some places. Things like that have already been accepted culturally now.

I'll never forget, I was in an Ag class, had a final exam that was on Dec. 7. There was a bonus question that was "what happened on this day xx years ago?". I was the only one that got it. Now, to be fair, it was an Ag class and not many were history minors, nor were they probably OTR obsessed collectors that actually have complete broadcast days of that event that they listen to on Dec 7 every year, but so much for "a date which will live in infamy".

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I'll be the one to say it . This is an unbelievable comment ! I will NEVER let down my guard .
Huh? Do you have any idea what they were referring to? You go ahead and keep your guard up, maybe in 20 years the fires will reach Wisconsin but at least you will be ready.

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

ikarasu

It's possible to remember and care about more than one thing at once. Covid, overdoses, fires... 2020 is a terrible year with a lot happening. But it doesn't make what happened on 9/11 any less important.

9/11 didn't even affect Canada at all and we still feel it every year.

SignosaurusRex

Unfortunately, at times, there is nothing shorter than the human memory. :rolleyes: SAD state of affairs indeed!
Do you remember where you were and what you were doing?
I was sitting on my couch with my first cup of coffee for the morning, reading the daily paper in my underwear while my wife and family peacefully slept. I was thinking about my upcoming hunting trips, the days work load and scanning the early news on the television. NEWS FLASH! : Plane crashes into the WTC! WTF!
I was glued...saw replays of first plane into tower one... witnessed live via news the second plane into tower two... We as a nation were under attack! Hunting trips no longer mattered. Work schedule changed... God, Family and country first!

Last edited:

Jeremiah

When I think of Dec. 7th or Sept 11th , It is not ' Gee a bunch of people died on that date" . I think who died , how did they die , who killed them . This is important even today. Something that younger generations must be aware of.

Lotta

I was just sittin finishing, after a year of work, a 12.000 piece Jigsaw-Puzzle with the Skyline of NY when it happened. 3 Meters wide and just 80 somethin pieces left over. o_O
I will never ever forget this day. I was home sick, left a few jears befor that NY where i used to live and i was shoked seeing these Pictures on TV.
This Day changed the world and defenetly not to the good

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I remember everyone having US flags on every car and house for a while after that. Everyone had unified pride for their country.