• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just saw this posted on facebook...

neato

This is what makes me nervous about the sign industry. The business is changing fast. A lot of the stuff we make is going to be much easier for the end user in the future.

CNC Routers, Lasers, Vinyl Cutters, 3D printers are all readily available at low costs.

bannertime

On the upside, how much effect has the Cricket effected the sign business?

It's added a new facet to my business. I can package scrap vinyl and sell it in a bag for $25. Occasionally someone wants to buy a roll from me. HA. They ask for a big roll; "like 15in x 10yrd?"

rtfulk

I ordered one of those from China earlier this year for 69.00. The video shown is time lapsed, because it is so slooooow. If I laser engrave a 3 inch wooden disk with an image it takes about 25-30 mins to do it. If you do 3 initials it takes about 12 mins. It does a good job, but not for production.
. IMG_2414.jpg

Split76

This is what makes me nervous about the sign industry. The business is changing fast. A lot of the stuff we make is going to be much easier for the end user in the future.

CNC Routers, Lasers, Vinyl Cutters, 3D printers are all readily available at low costs.

Buing all equipment isn't hard or very expensive, everyone can do that. It's about finding buying customers.
Lot's of my friends could get 30-150k loan and buy everything needed but.. :)

battman2036

I got a small table top for Xmas from my folks. I'm too old for toys, but this one is cool. Engraveable area is about 2.25x2.25. The software to run it is weak. It's a little quirky at times, and requires the image to be no larger than 500 pixels by 500 pixels. Images that have a large dark area skip and fall out of alignment. These are very basic and better for playing around. There are larger systems in the $200 range on ebay which will cover a 12x18" area. Again, they're stuck with some basic software and are limited in their capabilities. Like everything, professionals will win out. Can't replace good old know how and experience.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing

Consumer access to cheap brushes and paint didn't put most signpainters out of business. Vinyl and ink jet did. Technology changes and it's important we keep up!

CanuckSigns

a 1 watt laser is pretty much useless for any real work, it might be able to engrave and cut card stock and wood veneers, but it will be so incredibly slow that you will never be able to make any money.