• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just slipped a disk.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, I toughed it out til 230. Couldnt even sit in the chair, let along walk, so went to the Chiro.
They're thinking its a pinched nerve, put me on the table, tens unit, and traction roller.
Iced the hell out of it last night and took a hot shower.

its about 50% better, so I can at least think at this point.

I was pushing on the door frame to stretch, like I've done almost every single day since I've been here.

Wait a minute....... you say they THINK its a pinched nerve ?? Didn't they take xrays or send you for xrays ?? They just started working on you without knowing the root of the problem ?? I'm glad you're feeling better, but that does not sound very professional to me, not without knowing the problem.

Johnny Best

So it is just the muscles in that area tightening up when your back starts to feel to much pressure. Takes about 9 days for it to get back to normal and those muscles to relax back in place. All the suggestions you received are good advice. One more piece of advice, don't push on the door frame anymore!

DAGRIT5

First "major" injury while working. I was pushing against a lintel on a door frame.

Anyone know any stretches or movements I can make besides curling into a ball on the floor? Figure a lot of you old cranky guys (does this make me an old cranky guy?) might have a tip or two.

Go to Dr, get xrays. Congrats! you are now eligible for a medical marijuana card ya lucky duck!

equippaint

Wait a minute....... you say they THINK its a pinched nerve ?? Didn't they take xrays or send you for xrays ?? They just started working on you without knowing the root of the problem ?? I'm glad you're feeling better, but that does not sound very professional to me, not without knowing the problem.
This is exactly why I would not go to a chiropractor. If you don't know the problem, how can you determine the repair and without knowing the injury, how do you know you will not cause further damage? My wife works in neurology and told me from things she has seen, she would never go to one.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Well, I toughed it out til 230. Couldnt even sit in the chair, let along walk, so went to the Chiro.
They're thinking its a pinched nerve, put me on the table, tens unit, and traction roller.
Iced the hell out of it last night and took a hot shower.

its about 50% better, so I can at least think at this point.

I was pushing on the door frame to stretch, like I've done almost every single day since I've been here.
Good to read you are feeling better.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
My wife gets "Active Release Technique" at our local Chiropractor and has bruises all over her. Coincidentally, I also get the "Active Release Technique" at my local massage parlor, and I too come home with bruises...but I don't think it's the same service...eerr at least I hope not.

equippaint

My wife gets "Active Release Technique" at our local Chiropractor and has bruises all over her. Coincidentally, I also get the "Active Release Technique" at my local massage parlor, and I too come home with bruises...but I don't think it's the same service...eerr at least I hope not.
That what you came to florida for?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
That what you came to florida for?

It's what you guys are known for down here..

that and having the most traffic lights hanging from a single wire

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
To clarify,
the door frame you were pushing against was the entrance or the exit to the massage parlor?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Try not to start crap like that in somebody else's thread. You'll get it closed down for no reason at all. Very controversial statement.

equippaint

Just got the first $6k+ bill for my daughters 2 day hospital stay a few days ago, nothing serious and we have insurance. It cost more than the week she was in the NICU after she was born. Were paying $19k/yr in health insurance, trying to wrap my head around the purpose of even having it. The medical industry here is totally bending everyone in the usa over a barrel and we just take it. Its not about politics but it keeps getting made that way so we stay preoccupied fighting over it rather than demand fixing it.
The local hospital here strong armed all of the private practices into selling out to them a couple years ago or risk losing hospital privilege. Now this hospital just got bought out by a large national corp. That's great for the people here isnt it? Sorry, had to rant. Hope your back is feeling better.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

I received my hospital bill for 7 days following a horrendous spinal fusion as a result of a car wreck that was other guys fault. Two different fusion surgeries as a result. Bill was $280,000! Surgery bill was $72,000. Took 9 hours. That equals eight grand an hour, and people think signs cost too much!