• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just starting out

Tony Q's Kidd

Hello all!
I just started using Corel Draw X5 and I am a tad overwhelmed right off the hop. I've never used any of these prgrams and am having a hard time getting started. What i would like to make is a work order type sheet. Something with the entire center of the order open for the art work and have the top as my header with a logo and the bottem have the products used, company policy, job name and customer and etc. i know the general question is "where do i begin" but i just wanted some advice on how. A class? or self teaching books? any help is much appreciated :):thankyou:

WildWestDesigns

if you are looking for a class. lyndia.com is a great option.

I second that and in the process of going through them right now. Been an Ai user for longer then I care to admit to and I recently had to make the plunge to Corel in order to better streamline my workflow.

I don't know if I'm just so used to Ai or Corel isn't as intuitive for me as it is for other people.

google it!! and youtube it!! thats what i do all the time. i've only been using illy and ps for the past year and whenever i need to do something i have no clue how to do it, i just use the search feature in google and youtube......works everytime!

WildWestDesigns

thanx! im leaning more toward the in class learning of it anyways. really appreciate the replies!

Try to find Webinar that are going to happen on times that you can attend. That would probable be the closest to a classroom experience without the classroom that you can get.

Most of them are free as well. Finding the right topic for you might be the tricky thing though.

jemmyell

second to the unleashed books

You should get Fosters books. A LOT of the free tutorials on Corel teach methods that are not worth learning. Foster is the grandfather of all Corel trainers. He REALLY knows what he is talking about. There is sometime better industry specific training for certain things (think Advanced Artist or Great Dane for T-shirts) but Foster's books are the gold standard.

-James

Tim Aucoin

Another vote for Lynda.com
I've had an account on there for 6 years now and it has always been a very valuable resource. I quite often take "refresher" courses on all software, as it changes so often. There are excellent CorelDraw lessons on there. It's well worth the annual fee if you ask me! :thumb: