• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just to say hello

CrabbyOldGuy

I'm obviously new to the group but not the business. I have been in computer graphics since the old Gerber consoles. Presently we use Flexi Pro and the usual design packages from Adobe. I have been in screen printing since 1976. Seen a lot but there is always something new around the corner. Always looking for a few better tips. Hope to find them here. Thanks in advance for a helping hand.

James Chrimes

The gerber ivb....helvetica, antique olive nord... Rember when this was the greatist invention under the sky? Now we laugh at people who use the old relics. WELCOME ABOARD!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
SIGN SOLUTIONS said:
The gerber ivb....helvetica, antique olive nord... Rember when this was the greatist invention under the sky? Now we laugh at people who use the old relics. WELCOME ABOARD!

Hey! I started with a SignMaker 3. I still have an old Sprint (circa 1988) with a 15" and 30" plotter hung on it which most days gets used.

Laugh away but it ole slowpoke wouldn't bring as much if I sold her as what the work profits me from her every month. :biggrin:

James Chrimes

Fred now Im 37 and I rember when all the trucks were hand lettered and a customer had to leave it at the local sign guy for three or more days. But in todays world if you dont have the latest equipement it makes it tough to compete for the business of the customers who want everything yesterday. I do believe that some of the best designers have old school talents. (no pun intended)

Dave Drane

SIGN SOLUTIONS said:
......and remember how some guys could squash Cooper Black to about 20% and lay it over to 45°.:design:
When computers got into the wrong hands was when the prices went down the gurgler. My first was a Gerber 4A which I still have and use for cutting Sandblast, Scotchlite and making pounce patterns. It has never missed a beat.

THATgirl

Hi ya crabby old guy! I remember davida....thinking it was a really cool letterstyle. Now I just can't stand it. Thank goodness for all the cool fonts we see these days or the computer would probably drive me nuts. boooooooring.

Jackpine

welcome

Welcome from a signguy painting for 25+ years. And now I digital print CNC rout and cut vinyl. I made more doing less signs than I do now.