• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just Want to Say I Kinda Get It Now...

Justin

Hey all,

I been reading some old threads for about the last 4 hours... Shew.. Some of you seem to really have been through the ringer from losing half your business to dealing with vistaprint, and neighboring shops spying on you, and customers coming in to see what you use to print their stuff so they can do it themselves.

I just want to say I now understand why some of you seem so jaded, and reluctant to provide information, tips, and the like. I've been through this same stuff the last few years with my father, and his business although stuff seems better now, but of course not as good as before.

I'm actually reluctant to wanting to buy one of those wide-format printers now.. I'd rather sub everything out, or at the most buying a old old one so I don't lose my butt if something happens. I'm actually more reluctant to even waning to do stickers/decals(smile :) ). I'm Really thinking I would rather just do dimensional signs, vinyl cutting work, and plotter/painting work, or heck finding someone awesome to work for.

Anyway, just want to say thanks for the info you all have provided, and I hope as I stay here longer you guys won't think of me so much as a threat, and more as part of the sisn101 family.(some of you have been on here forever...)

Humility is a quality...that is followed by success! No matter what you are doing! Just keep your priorities in order and stick to your business plan.

visual800

I'm actually reluctant to wanting to buy one of those wide-format printers now.. I'd rather sub everything out, or at the most buying a old old one so I don't lose my butt if something happens. I'm actually more reluctant to even waning to do stickers/decals(smile :) ). I'm Really thinking I would rather just do dimensional signs, vinyl cutting work, and plotter/painting work, or heck finding someone awesome to work for.

I think subbing out is a better idea than going full blast into something without knowing especially in this economy. I do more monuments and dimesional signage than I do digital printing. therefore I dont feel I need to run out and throw $29k on a printer. i dont have to worry with owning one and i gotta say it is nice.

Find your niche and work on it. Whatever it is will began to shape and you will them know what you need to specialize in.