• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

jv 33 problem, please help

ahonda55

Hello, suddenly my jv33 started to draw strange random magenta lines(see attachment), and sometimes they go away.
Any suggestions??
Thanks a lot is advance :)

Attachments

• DSC_0150.jpg
    DSC_0150.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 109

artbot

usually sporadic firing in one channel is the cable being lose or bad. i'd try inspecting it and reseating to start on the easy/cheap side. that said, loose cables will usually print a big rectangle of the offending channel. i've heard of an encoder strip doing this to one channel but that never made sense to me because the encoder is one thing that send one signal to all channels.

ahonda55

Thanks a lot, I will try to check cables and connectors shortly.
Thank you very much
Ooo yes I remember, about a week ago the printer printed a channel wide magenta solid strip from side to side.
I will post any updates as soon as I can..

Greetings

artbot

side to side can be cables. usually with a loose cable it will be a rectangle the width of the head for 1-6 inches intermittently. when i had a lose cable, i'd get a black rectangle, just one in the middle of a big print. it took months for the cable to come lose enough to isolate because it just wouldn't do it on command.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Because of the very tight turn the head cable on these make where it connects to the head the cable is known on these to get broken where is gets folded too sharp to make that sudden turn to the connector. If that is the case you will need a new FFC head cable (which is actually 2 flat cables together). This can also be a problem on the main FFC cable from the mainboard to the slider board. Early on after the JV33 was introduced Mimaki issued a "fix" which was a bit of foam for reduce the strain where the main FFC connects to the slider board and a warning about being very careful when installing the main FFC and head FFC cables to not bend them too sharp because creasing the cables can break the wires.

On ours I had to replace the head FFC cable but I was getting random head error messages but broken wires or improperly seated cables at the head, slider board, or mainboard ends can also cause all sorts of problems as Artbot mentioned. The encoder and encoder strip can also cause problems if the encoder strip gets something on it (quite common) or the encoder itself somehow gets damaged or goes bad (rare). Usually encoder problems results in the printing getting shifted or a full wide band of color, not random scatter like that though. I'm suspecting a cable connection problem myself.

ahonda55

:(

Still Have the same problem guys, i have changed the double FCC cables with original new ones, just nothing happened, now could it be the long cables to the main board? could it be the head itself?
And how can I tell whether it is a head related problem or not, the problem appears also when I do a test draw :(

Thanks a lot :)

UPDATE : Now at some boot times I get Error 202, and a following screen with two lines :
Head-Mem:1
Image-Mem: 128MB

any info about that??

Thanks a lot

ahonda55

I have called the tech, he double checked cables, and turned the printer off for a while then, everything is going well now.
So, one thing changed all in all, the double FCC cables between the head and the sliding board :)
Many many thanks my friends you are great :)