• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV22 Main -> Slider board FFC cables - suspect

ruckusman

HI All,

Having sudden issues with my JV22, replaced dampers and rebuilt the pumps.

Now I've been through some issues, initially lost magenta, but switching the FPC cables at the slider board with yellow showed data is going to the head.
Most head cables looked worn enough at the contacts to warrant replacing, so, I decided to order new head cables last night.

This morning, flipped my megenta cables end for end and now nothing from any channel.

Only thing I touched/moved at the time was the FFC cables between the main and slider boards.

Of course I can disconnect both ends and test them with a meter for continuity, but moving them to do that and then redoing the routing to put them back is likely to invalidate those measurements if any have breaks at kinks/bends.

I'm assuming these are original, how likely is it that they need to be replaced??

peace out

ruckusman

OK let me rephrase the question, has anyone on here found that replacing the long FFC cables fixed their printer.

Just trying to gauge the likelihood that these are the problem as opposed to the main or slider boards

peace out

Last edited:

inkmed

flat cable from Main board to slider board of JV22 is 40pin 3.94meter long.
3.94meters is cable length of JV22-160, for JV22-130, it can be shorter.

Adam Yang from Inkmed

artbot

are you sure that the pins are facing the correct way? also you can test each tip for continuity. as well as look for fraying/bent ends. ink in the print heads data socket can also be an issue. bad or loose data cables will result in nothing being printed or long continuous rectangular out put of a single channel. if you have some fraying, you can sometimes carefully scissor off the very tip/end of the cable to get a fresh set of ends.