• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 130 SPII Error code 7 Head!!!!!

tooserious

If a man puts the wrong rank numbers in will the machine return a error 7 or is that an indication that the head is toast?????????

heyskull

As far as I am aware the rank number is just too fine tune the head, or it could be something more.
An error 7 message can mean an expired head.
Have you swapped out with a diffent head just to check it is not the cables or slider board?

SC

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you put the wrong head rank number in, the machine gives you an error 30 and doesn't save the number so there is no possible way to damage the head with the wrong number. In my experience the head rank is just a serial number for the head anyway. I've been doing a little experiment for the last couple years and have put in about 50% of head ranks and 50% not changing them at all. There has been no difference at all.

heyskull

If you put the wrong head rank number in, the machine gives you an error 30 and doesn't save the number so there is no possible way to damage the head with the wrong number. In my experience the head rank is just a serial number for the head anyway. I've been doing a little experiment for the last couple years and have put in about 50% of head ranks and 50% not changing them at all. There has been no difference at all.

So if I read this right as long as their is a rank number in the machine their is no need to change it?

SC

brightbanner

i like vivid color
If a man puts the wrong rank numbers in will the machine return a error 7 or is that an indication that the head is toast?????????

Error 07 means your printer can not recognized printer head.
It maybe problem of main board broken or bad printer head.
But it can not be caused by wrong rank number.
As my experience, your problem probably was mainboard broken caused by wrong cable connection when you install printer head.