• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-130SPII - yellow ink line

housemusikid

Replaced the pump as I have many times because of no suction. Damper WAS full, now it is not. Yellow ink line to damper is empty. Tried nozzle wash, syringe to pull the ink through, and cleaning. Any other suggestions?

artbot

first when changing pumps, do a pump tube swap to make sure it is the pump and not interface betweent the cap/head. also flusing out that pump and or replacing the tube inside will make it good as new.

are you pulling ink to the damper via a syringe (through the damper). what do you observe if so. does ink come down the line, fill the damper, then recede? or are you getting no ink, or restricted ink? also observe the membrane on the damper during the pull. it will concave under vacuum. but should relax over a minute or so to show you that you have relaxed positive pressure inside your lines. convex damper membranes are a sign of restriction. also, let your damper hang for about five minutes to observe what the ink is doing/if it recedes. one other thing. when pulling the ink, look for bubbles coming down the line. ...if they appear out at the union fittings, you have an air leak there.

housemusikid

first when changing pumps, do a pump tube swap to make sure it is the pump and not interface betweent the cap/head. also flusing out that pump and or replacing the tube inside will make it good as new.

are you pulling ink to the damper via a syringe (through the damper). what do you observe if so. does ink come down the line, fill the damper, then recede? or are you getting no ink, or restricted ink? also observe the membrane on the damper during the pull. it will concave under vacuum. but should relax over a minute or so to show you that you have relaxed positive pressure inside your lines. convex damper membranes are a sign of restriction. also, let your damper hang for about five minutes to observe what the ink is doing/if it recedes. one other thing. when pulling the ink, look for bubbles coming down the line. ...if they appear out at the union fittings, you have an air leak there.

ok...I have the damper full again but still nothing coming from the second yellow. The damper moves in as it should with suction. It fills just as before. The only thing that I can think of is the capping station is not getting suction.

artbot

i assume you are running CMYKx2? i just had this issue with my jv3. ended up taking apart the capping assembly and stretching out the springs a bit to give them a bit more push. nothing else worked (i replaced all the cap tops, realigned like crazy, reshimmed, etc)

housemusikid

i assume you are running CMYKx2? i just had this issue with my jv3. ended up taking apart the capping assembly and stretching out the springs a bit to give them a bit more push. nothing else worked (i replaced all the cap tops, realigned like crazy, reshimmed, etc)

Yeah, sorry x2. I just ordered a new capping station. Everything works until I did the disway wash. Yellow was SO SLOW going through. Cyan is perfect. Thanks for all your help. It seems that great minds think alike!

artbot

as far as changing out the capping station, before you break everything down, i'd suggest doing the spring adjustment to the one in the machine. you've got a lot going for you in that it was just working a bit ago. the new capping station will be stiffer ...the caps may need some breaking in, plus alignment issues (shimming, adjustments in the service menue, etc). also, can you swap cap tops? some capping assemblies allow the cap tops be easily moved/swapped. i've fixed an issue such as this by just popping on a new seal. but doing a seal swap can help to isolate to if that is the issue.