• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 cartridge chips - question

maxxgraphix

I've seen the cartridge chips for 400ml of ink for only $10, but what about an unlimited set? Wouldn't make more sense to just get chips that never run out?

maxxgraphix

Tricks the printer into thinking the cartridge is always full. Problem is, don't run out of ink. It will try to use the empty cartridge to prime the heads.

Another question: How well do the blank empty cartridges work? The Mimaki carts have a bag in them so that they collapse as being used. Do the empty carts have this as well? Or do they just vent it and pull ink from the bottom?

particleman

Most of the cartridges for the chips are designed as hollow reseviors. You fill up the ink in them through tubes or manually with a funnel. The sensor used to detect the bag capacity is not used anymore with an aftermarket cartridge. You will find when the sensor stops reporting the cartridge using ink (even though the printer is printing) the chip will still decrement the counter at a slower rate, but it will still go down to 1 after a period of time forcing you to reset.

sha

I think self reseting chips are good but you can't use them on machine with the newer version of firmware. It goes up to 5 it wont work on 7.4 firmware for sure.
And they cost around 35 Eur.+ Cartridge

signguy95

do yall have this problem often...I can't remember but one time that I had a cartridge expire and that was the suppliers fault?

Or yall talking about bulk inks?

Jay