• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jv3 not printing Magenta or yellow

5ton

I recently moved my printer and now i cannot get it to print magenta or yellow. Ive done multiple custody wash and strong head wash... Nothing seemed to work. Even ran cleaner threw it several times. What could it be?

MikePro

are you trying to pull through the waste line?
if so, listen for a hissing noise coming from the capping station when you're doing it.

most likely its a bad seat with the capping station, not making a proper seal when the heads park on it. thus, not refreshing the ink supply.

if this is the case, pull-up gently on the black captop on the capping station. not far enough to remove it, but enough to lift it slightly from its current position. re-parking the head on it should then allow a snug fit and then I'd start with a long nozzle wash followed by a fillupink, observing the waste line to see if the ink is now pulling through the head once again.

5ton

Thanks i tried what you said. Still will not work. The yellow and red tubes are dry. Looks like its not making it to the capping station.

Dizimoto

Thanks i tried what you said. Still will not work. The yellow and red tubes are dry. Looks like its not making it to the capping station.

If it's not getting to the Caps - have a look at the Dampers - If it's not getting to the dampers, track back to the carts...

5ton

If it's not getting to the Caps - have a look at the Dampers - If it's not getting to the dampers, track back to the carts...

It wasn't getting to the dampers. I sucked it to the dampers with a syringe. Still not printing or getting to the caps.

Dizimoto

If you haven't already, check that the lines are still connected to the bottom of the Cap Station - It's dead easy to pull them off accidentally when messing around at the pump

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Your pump may be clogged as well. If you are pulling with a syringe and getting a lot of resistance but no ink through, it is clogged. If you are pulling and getting a lot of air and no resistance, your cap top is bad. If it's clogged you can usually unclog it by pushing cleaning solution through and working the tube with your fingers. If your cap tops are over 1-2 years old, change them. Also, clean the bottom of the heads where the cap tops connect. Ink builds up there and breaks the seal with the cap tops as well.

5ton

Ok I replaced the caps on the capping station and now I'm getting half the yellow to work but still nothing for magenta.

5ton

Ok finally got it to print. The magenta is coming out with blackish lines running through it though. What could this be now?
attachment.php

Attachments

• 12197418_903257546437201_1940555020_o.jpg
    12197418_903257546437201_1940555020_o.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 178

hbb2008

Premium Subscriber
I know this is a few months old, but can some one post a picture of what the cap top is? Some one said they always keep extras on hand, I am just wondering what they look like and if i need to keep extras as well. I know what the capping station is, but I thought that was all one unit. in the thread it sounded like there was one for each color, Im using a JV33-160, maybe that is the difference Im not understanding.

Thanks

MikePro

Ok finally got it to print. The magenta is coming out with blackish lines running through it though. What could this be now?
attachment.php

cross-contamination. ink is jumping-over from your black printhead to your magenta, somehow...
usually due to a dirty/bad wiper, dirty printheads, and/or dirty capping station.