• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 not pulling ink

LaserMan

Long story short, our JV3 wasn't used for over a month (operator was fired). Everything worked perfectly fine before. We just had a minor issue with one of the Yellows not reading that a ink cartridge was in.

Anyways, Last week when i ran a test draw, only half of the Cyan printed. Nothing else. I ran countless nozzle washes of 90 minutes. Countless more hard cleanings and wiping the heads with solution. Nothing changed.

So, i replaced the Dampers, caps and pumps (all new tubing as well). Nothing. Dampers aren't filling with ink (although, i see some movement in the tubes at times during cleanings). I don't really know what to do next???

Any thoughts??

MikePro

+1 to tech support. nothing worse than trying to track-down how someone else (that's not around anymore) broke it.
at least in my situation, I usually can figure out where/how I screwed something up along the way

over a month of non-use, and no way of pin-pointing when/how things went wrong, my only advice besides calling tech support would be... did you try a "Head Wash" & "FillUpInk" procedure?

Last edited:

particleman

You say the damper isn't filling with ink? Did you prime the damper by pulling ink into it first with a syringe? I've always done this and the mimaki manual shows this procedure also.

If you physically see ink in the damper and still no print I have pulled ink through the capping station with the head parked over it before as a last resort. If ink pulls through but no print then you might have a head issue.

LaserMan

+1 to tech support. nothing worse than trying to track-down how someone else (that's not around anymore) broke it.
at least in my situation, I usually can figure out where/how I screwed something up along the way

over a month of non-use, and no way of pin-pointing when/how things went wrong, my only advice besides calling tech support would be... did you try a "Head Wash" & "FillUpInk" procedure?

I've done "Nozzle Washes" and have run an "Ink Fill Up". I have not done a "Head Wash"...I don't know how to do one.

You say the damper isn't filling with ink? Did you prime the damper by pulling ink into it first with a syringe? I've always done this and the mimaki manual shows this procedure also.

If you physically see ink in the damper and still no print I have pulled ink through the capping station with the head parked over it before as a last resort. If ink pulls through but no print then you might have a head issue.

I didn't try to pull ink through the damper. I totally forgot about that. I'll give that a try ASAP. Thank you.

MikePro

head wash involved ink cartridges filled with cleaning solution. printer empties the ink lines, fills the printer with solution, shakes it, empties, and then refills with ink.

although I am uncertain how helpful it would be, as to do so would require the printer's abilitiy to cycle the ink in the first place :(

definitely try pulling ink through to the damper first and see where it gets you.