• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 pausing before print

I'm ripping out of Flexi Pro and from time to time after I send the job and it rips the JV3 will go thru its little self cleaning jingle and beep giving an ERROR 10. Once it starts printing it will print to 3% maybe and then skip about 2 inches and start printing again. Using a Belkin Firewire. Any LOGICAL answers or solutions?

ChicagoGraphics

My guess would be the Flexi, I had that problem when I use to run a Roland. Now I use Onyx and never have them problems anymore.

Letterbox Mike

Make sure you have the proper firewire driver (both from Mimaki and from the manufacturer), some firewire cards work better than other so check that too. If all is good on the connection side, I blame Flexi too. Everything I've read about Flexi and Mimakis leads me to believe the two are less compatible than Flexi claims.

gabagoo

you could see if there is a newer version th Flexi which are generally available for free. I had the same problem with mine when it was new and for months I would have to reboot the comp and the Mimaki if I killed a job as anything after that would give me errors. The newer rev fixed that and have not seen it since.

speedmedia

Have had the same problem and replaced the board in the printer, the computer, the firewire cord itself and updated everything and it still happens every now and again. Of my printer tech where I bought it from has looked into it but has no answer other than telling me it is my computer. I tried another one of those and same thing. Now they just dropped it of course.

If anyone has successfully resolved this issue trying anything else than above let me know.

I am using RasterLink (I know, but it works for us, not going to upgrade until the new printer gets here.)

Thanks,
Kurt Dietrich
Speed Media

ColesCreations

Same here, get error 10 once in a while, but only in the beginning of a print, so no big deal.

Usually only happens when polling size (we never do that anymore, just write in the size it says on the printer), or when aborting a print and hit delete-enter a couple times.

Just make sure to abort and restart the print if you get the error 10.

Of course- using FlexiSign and Mimaki JV3-160 SP. A bit annoying, but no big deal to us.