• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV300 Dual CMYK Conversion

Valentinik

Hi all. We've just bought a JV300 to upgrade from out CJV30.

Its currently running CMYKLcLmLkOr but i'd like to convert to Dual CMYK for the speed benefit, as we wont see the benefits of the additional Inks.

1.Am i right in thinking i can just put a small section of ink line to connect the 2 cartridges (as pictured) and replace the LC LM LK and OR cartridges with cmyk ones?

2. How do i go about telling changing the ink parameters on the printer?

3. Is there anything else i need to do?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Mike

Attachments

• Cartridges.jpg
    Cartridges.jpg
    383.8 KB · Views: 201

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You are correct about the ink line between the lines. You can actually just use those connectors that are already on there. They have little rubber stoppers that you can pull off and attach the line. You're also supposed flush the system before switching colors as well. Once the system is flushed, you need to change System Parameter 32 to 0 and then you can fill up using the CMYKx2 set.

Valentinik

You are correct about the ink line between the lines. You can actually just use those connectors that are already on there. They have little rubber stoppers that you can pull off and attach the line. You're also supposed flush the system before switching colors as well. Once the system is flushed, you need to change System Parameter 32 to 0 and then you can fill up using the CMYKx2 set.
Thats great thank you. If i buy cleaning/flush cartridges is there an option in the menu to do this? I did have a look but couldn't see anything other than fill up ink.

Thanks
Mike

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thats great thank you. If i buy cleaning/flush cartridges is there an option in the menu to do this? I did have a look but couldn't see anything other than fill up ink.

Thanks
Mike
It's in service mode (Power on while holding function 1 and function 3) in the adjustment menu and is called, "Head Wash". When it asks you to go fill the ink again, that's when you would turn the machine off and change parameter 32.

Valentinik

It's in service mode (Power on while holding function 1 and function 3) in the adjustment menu and is called, "Head Wash". When it asks you to go fill the ink again, that's when you would turn the machine off and change parameter 32.
Thats great i've found that now.

My final question, do i need a wash cartridge for each of the 8 cartridge locations or can it be done 1or2 cartridges at a time?

Thanks alot for your help.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thats great i've found that now.

My final question, do i need a wash cartridge for each of the 8 cartridge locations or can it be done 1or2 cartridges at a time?

Thanks alot for your help.
If you want to run the head wash function you need all 8 cartridges. You can also do it manually with a few cartridges and a syringe. It's up to you which way is more convenient!

Valentinik

If you want to run the head wash function you need all 8 cartridges. You can also do it manually with a few cartridges and a syringe. It's up to you which way is more convenient!
Thats great, Thank you for that. I've now flushed the system and setup the dual cmyk cartridges.

I've done 3 ink fills and 3 20 minute nozzle washes but cant seem to get a consistent ink flow. A hard clean brings some of the ink back but it drops out again. Whatever i do the dampers seem to be near enough empty.

Im guessing its air in the lines, but im not sure how to purge the air. Is there something i've missed?

Thanks
Mike

Attachments

• PXL_20221124_144811730.jpg
    PXL_20221124_144811730.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 66
  • PXL_20221124_145609269.jpg
    PXL_20221124_145609269.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 67
  • PXL_20221124_151514158.jpg
    PXL_20221124_151514158.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 118