• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jv33-130 problem with a cover

Commando

I took my heater deck off this morning to clean my fans.
When I got everything back together, I started it up and I got a "close a cover"
Thinking that there was only 2 cover sensors I started playing with them. I juggled and moved them trying to get it to read. Nothing. I started looking on the internet for that problem and nothing helped.
I started wondering if there was another cover sensor so I called tech support. She told me there was only 2 and she was going to get a tech to call me back..
No phone call yet, so, I decided to post this.
I have turned off my machine, even the main power switch on the rear of it.
I leave my cover clips on the magnet so I can print with the lid up. While working with the fans, I knocked off the left clip. I just picked it up, wiped it off and put it back on the sensor/magnet
Do you think I could have jarred something in it? Wires seem tight and everything.. I didnt bump it hard, just hard enough to loosen it up..
Whatdayathink?

Commando

I just fixed it. I decided to take the covers off the 2 sensors. I found a metal piece loose in BOTH sensors. I calle dtech support and they emailed a part diagram and go tthem back on correctly.
I guess the air from the fan cleaning blew them out of place..
Ill have to turn it down a little next time :)

Litebritesigns

I just fixed it. I decided to take the covers off the 2 sensors. I found a metal piece loose in BOTH sensors. I calle dtech support and they emailed a part diagram and go tthem back on correctly.
I guess the air from the fan cleaning blew them out of place..
Ill have to turn it down a little next time :)

We are having this issue right now with our jv150-160 and cannot get the magnets to read for the "close cover" to go away. What covers did you take off of the sensors? You remove the whole black plastic piece and looked inside of the white piece?

Z SIGNS

Glad you fixed it. I never liked those switches that would pause the printing when you open the cover. I always get rid of them by cutting the wires and splicing them together

Commando

We are having this issue right now with our jv150-160 and cannot get the magnets to read for the "close cover" to go away. What covers did you take off of the sensors? You remove the whole black plastic piece and looked inside of the white piece?
I honestly dont remember. Its been a while..
I would have to imagine it was the whole black piece.

Commando

Glad you fixed it. I never liked those switches that would pause the printing when you open the cover. I always get rid of them by cutting the wires and splicing them together
I just took off the metal piece that was attached to the cover, and left it in its place permanently. Think i just used some tape to fill in the gap.