• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jv33-160 ink issue

Briansos

Greetings,

We've had these machines since June 2008 and have had very little issues. Daily maintance keeps them running well. We use a bulk ink system and yesterday when I was changing out the filters I noticed that one yellow tube was stopped up. I cleaned it out (the ink was dried to the consistancy of say, toothpaste) then reattached everything. What got my attention was that we've been using this machine daily and both print heads show full yellow during a test print. Anyway, here is my problem. I cant seem to get the yellow ink to fill up and flow how it should. I have done a couple ink fills, pump washes and a hard clean. The other colors work fine. I have made sure the mimaki is wanting to draw from the ink tube/cartrige in question (#5) but to no avail. Any ideas what I can do to fix this or what the problem might be? As there is only 1 pump, and I havent done any real part replacement on this model, I am unsure if that is the cause of the problem. I hate replacing parts unless absolutly necessairy, as the machines never seem to run as well once the factory parts are out. Here is a picture that I shows that I am talking about.

As Far as parts on the mimaki printer some of them need to be changed obviously you know this by changing the wipers, but other parts wear out b/c you are running solvent ink through a plastic hose.... Your problem sounds like a easy ink flow issue. You have narrowed down almost everything... The next thing you should do is buy 2 good dampers , unplug machine take head cover off (hopefully you know how to change damper) take damper off now you will need a syringe, and this all being done since you said you put new ink filter on line?? You will draw ink through the line with damper off then put new damper on and you will be like new... changing both yellow dampers while you are in there is advised make sure you do know to prime damper after screwing on to line. Anything else let me know brandondobbs@ymail.com
Good Luck

Vinylman

I am not running bulk ink as you are, BUT it would seem to me that you need to check to see IF the dates on your cartridges are old.

It sounds like the ink {Yellow} is "thickening up", or losing its viscous-city.
I would call my supplier, and get them to send you fresh ink.

Briansos

Thanks for the input digitalsolutionsok. I did a quick switch on the ink cartridges (put #5 in #6 and vice versa) and did an ink fill and it filled right up. So the problem is only concerning the #5 slot. I just got an order of dampers in and will check that out tomorrow. If the dampers are ok, I guess its onto the pump.

Rooster

Thanks for the input digitalsolutionsok. I did a quick switch on the ink cartridges (put #5 in #6 and vice versa) and did an ink fill and it filled right up. So the problem is only concerning the #5 slot. I just got an order of dampers in and will check that out tomorrow. If the dampers are ok, I guess its onto the pump.

It's a common pump for all the inks so if it was gone you'd know by now.

I'd replace the cartridge and the ink lines in question. For the small cost of some tubing, a cartridge and a damper you may very well save the cost of a print head. If that gunk in the line hits the head you'll wish you took care of it sooner.