• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 160 - print problem on left side only ???

TraderLink

Merchant Member
The right side prints fine, but the left half prints leaving a lighter pattern going the length of the vinyl.
I've attached a pic of the left side. (the compensation isn't set correctly, but this is just a test print to show the problem)
Different material doesn't make a difference.

Had the problem about a month ago, but it cleared up (instantly), and now has started again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 041.jpg
    041.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

jfiscus

Rap Master
The paper has ripples there causing problems. It could be that your humidity is too high or the heat setting on your printer is too high; causing these wrinkles.
Think of it like the attached image, or if you've ever sprayed paint. If it was a boat, more contact would be made with the higher areas, and the lower areas would be skimmed over..
As the printer moves from right to left the higher (closer) areas of the vinyl receive more ink and look darker.
The lower areas are the downhill sides of the wrinkles and are partially blocked by the higher areas as the head travels across.

Attachments

• 041-2.jpg
    041-2.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 136

TraderLink

Merchant Member
I appreciate your response and picture to demonstrate, it's special the time and effort given to help.
But, it isn't the problem.
I have experienced that problem when I've had the heat setting too high (which it did that pattern the whole width of the material).

This has a similar looking effect, but only goes half way across, the right portion prints perfect.
When I had the problem earlier, it was printing bad for about 12 feet of material and then 5 minutes later printed perfect all the way across for over 100 feet of material.

The first time I even thought possibly that the one side of the roll of material might be bad, so I cut a 5 ft. piece off, spun it around and printed... still the same problem (on the left side of the printer).

gregwallace

Looks like a heat issue to me. Touch the left side of the platen with the heaters on. Does it feel as warm as the right side? Does it do this in all pass modes? To me it looks like the heat is too low causing the ink to pool up on the left side of the machine. You might just try running a higher pass count or turning up the heat. I'm not sure if part of the heater could fail without the whole thing failing.

Masseria

this happened to me while using paper and it wasnt able to align it right both sides.

Make sure of this, if you cant correct the banding issue, and you have Negative banding (white line) in one of the sides.