• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33-160 Printer

Vinylman

:signs101:
I have a chance to pick up one of these, and would REALLY appreciate ANY feed back on the pros and cons of this printer.

Please NO THREAD pirates!

I need info A.S.A.P. because I only have a very narrow window of opportunity on this unit. {like 6 hours to make a decision}.

It is a legit piece of equipment, with NO strings attached, except I need to give the seller my answer before 3:30 PM E.S.T.

Any HELP??:thankyou:

Thanks in Advance.

wildside

depends on what your picking it up for? price?

they are good machines, mimaki makes a solid product, they are not the fastest things on the market, but very reliable

Vinylman

depends on what your picking it up for? price?

they are good machines, mimaki makes a solid product, they are not the fastest things on the market, but very reliable

Thanks for your feed back. Fast I don't need right now. Reliable is more important.

SqueeGee

There was a great article in one of the sign mags in the last month or so detailing how to look over a used printer to help insure you're not getting a dud. I think it was either in Sign Business or Digital Graphics.

I think Mimaki's are good machines but it really depends on how you take care of them. We've had a JV3 for over 5 years with very minimal problems.

You didn't say how much they're asking.

Vinylman

SqueeGee:

Thanks for your info.

Until I secure the equipment {if I buy it} I can't say what the exact price is. However, I am aware of what they sell for new, and this unit is only 13 months old with exceptional care. The price is almost stupid cheap, but I know the machine, and its' condition and for the price I don't think I will be going wrong.

I am just trying to get USER input as to their opinions on the printer.

gabagoo

you would really have toknow the machines history and was it maintained properly. Maintenance is very important on these machines, and replacement heads are pricey.

Vinylman

Replacement head for the JV33 is $2784.00 plus labor.

But there is only one head to be replaced, not three or four like many other machines.

S

Stan B

we have 2

very reliable fast printer.

very very smelly with SS inks - you will need a separate room with ventilation

Great for banners. Not as good as it can be for fine quality printing, thing decal and vinyl printing (aka wraps and stuff)

With original Inks color output is very good, bright vibrant reds, deep blues, solid black, maroon and dark greens - could not be happier.

If I had to choose any 64" wide printer with any budget in hands - I would choose JV33 again.

Vinylman

Stan:

thank you so much for your comments.

Is there something in particular that you find unsatisfactory about the "Not as good as it can be for fine quality printing, thing decal and vinyl printing (aka wraps and stuff)"?

Just wondering?

S

Stan B

With profiles and rip that we use (original Raster Link Pro III branded for mimaki) and Flexi 8.5 we have to slow it down A LOT to print in high quality ON VINYL (banner is ok), otherwise print comes with un-even colors. Hard to explain... - it's like you see hundreds of little color lines in the solid color, almost "matrix the movie screen saver" like effect

Vinylman

K.A.S.;

Thanks for your reply. How long have you had your machine? Any problems?
Who is your supplier?

Hartville Kitchen anywhere near you?

Mind if I call or stop by to see your machine in action/

Thanks.

Dice

Stan B have you adjusted your Comps? I think your experiencing banding, which can be adjusted.

We've had our JV33-160 for about 6 months now and love it. We use the original raster link and can print everything under the sun with it. No issues with banding after we adjust our comps. This is something you have to set for each material and can vary with ambient temps.

If the machine is in good shape you should love it. It prints beautiful work and speed is good.

Dice

Ohh just FYI, raster link III isn't the greatest. It gets the job done, but it's horrible at nesting.

k.a.s.

K.A.S.;

Thanks for your reply. How long have you had your machine? Any problems?
Who is your supplier?

Hartville Kitchen anywhere near you?

Mind if I call or stop by to see your machine in action/

Thanks.

I have had mine about a year, a couple of small problems but nothing serious. I bought mine from Pioneer Supply, and I have nothing but good things to say about them the techs know what they are talking about and the prices are usally better than anyone.

The Hartville Kitchen is about 2 miles from me, stop by and we can go to lunch. Give me a call or pm me and we can set somthing up 330-877-6241

Kevin

Vinylman

Hope I haven't made a mistake

Well folks, I took the plunge.:omg2:

Got a Mimaki JV33-160 printer on the way.
Also have the Mimaki CG-160 plotter
Royal Sovereign Laminator 65".

I can hardly wait to get it.:clapping::clapping:

k.a.s.

Well folks, I took the plunge.:omg2:

Got a Mimaki JV33-160 printer on the way.
Also have the Mimaki CG-160 plotter
Royal Sovereign Laminator 65".

I can hardly wait to get it.:clapping::clapping:

Don't worry no mistake...it is a great machine. My main question after getting one was "Why did it take me so long to get one of these" Let me know if I can help you with anything.

Kevin

GoodPeopleFlags

Hate to bring up an old thread but I'm doing some reasearch on the Mimaki JVCC-160 and the Epson GS6000. We're getting one or the other soon. Yea!!!

Vinylman - just wondering how you're liking the JVCC-160? Are you happy with your purchase? Pros/cons, etc?

DigitalBBQ

With profiles and rip that we use (original Raster Link Pro III branded for mimaki) and Flexi 8.5 we have to slow it down A LOT to print in high quality ON VINYL (banner is ok), otherwise print comes with un-even colors. Hard to explain... - it's like you see hundreds of little color lines in the solid color, almost "matrix the movie screen saver" like effect
PhotoPrint v6, the RIP software w/network is also a great choice for your JV33, it has amazing NESTING function, plus Dual Roll Printing capability, and Profile can be adjusted and saved as individual as preset list or export as preset for future use. Also it has built-in profile management so you can do your own adjustment/profiling with color meter or spectrometer, etc. Or download from SAi website, and tweak the color , dither, and rendering mode to perfection in just a few click. Also it can RIP print/cut job seperately and sending to whatever machine that has ARMS (Registration Mark Sensor) so you can cut afterward. For example, you can print on JV33, and send your cut job afterward to Versacamm machine, or Graphtec, or rip/print to your older waterbase large format. It can even add your large format printer as a desktop printer so your office network can access printing right on the network. All your output devices will be added to the tab and easily access and preview and manipulate all devices connect to the PC. It can be USB hub or through networking. Can print consecutively on up to 4 machines without delaying, ripping 4'x6' Raster image with contour cut right under 3 minutes. Ripping full color 18"x24" 60MB file for about less than 15 seconds. Running window XP on dual-core processor or quard-core processor, with XP SP3 updated will give you the cutting edge rip engine performance. The complexity will be the color correction setting, but once you got it to perfection; this rip software got all the things you need.