• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33-160 Problems

Greenman1

We have had our 33 for just a little over a year. In january we had the head & capping station replaced. All of a sudden we started getting nasty bannding/dry streaky/ very inconsistant prints. After replacing the dampers & capping station again we still have the same problem.
After talking with mimaki they told me that I need to print at another resolution. We have used the same resolution since we bought the machine. No changes in material, temp, humidity & software. Its pretty sad that mimaki has given use the runaround for 4 days and
no answers just to print at higher res. We did and no change.

Any ideas would be helpful

Thanks

Greenman1

Here is Mimaki answer after seeing the prints before and after. Have a hard time
with this

Here is my concern about your JV33 printer issue,

1. There is no quality change between before and after. And both of those have a banding caused by ink beading.

But it is normal quality of JV33

2. Ink beading comes by

A. PVC media is required to print with higher resolution and higher pass, because ink doesn’t dry faster.

When you print lower pass and lower resolution, firing ink will stick to fired ink and beading comes.

B. Ink limit of the profile doesn’t much to actual media, even you are using recommended profiles.

If ink is too much for media, beading also happens.

C. Media has also difference between each lots. If customer has problem since they switch the media to new one.

3. Purple color sample cannot be compared because we didn’t get any samples for before issue.

But the quality of the purple color that I got is normal quality for sign using.

This kind of banding is caused by not enough dot gain.

Ink limit in the profile has to be readjusted and choose higher resolution.

4. Use higher pass if you want to use for Decal using.

5. Basically, our RLP supports 540*1080, 720*1080, 720*1440 resolution to get better quality.

Thank you.

TOMO

====================================================
MIMAKI USA Inc
150 Satellite Boulevard,suite A,Suwanee,Georgia 30024,U.S.A.

Vinylman

Have you tried lowering the temperature on your heaters a couple of degrees? this would allow your inks to flow a little more before setting.

Just my stab at solving this.

Dice

Why did you replace the head and capping station originally? What resolution are you printing, with what software?

Greenman1

A couple nozzles were not firing so when the replaced the head (Warranty) they did the cap. We usually print at 540x720 uni 4 pass

Dice

Is it still under warranty?

I was going to say try adjusting your media comps but your printing Uni. Have you tried printing bi-directional with any luck?

In any case if this was us, I would get a Tech out.