• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 Printhead, suitable for JV5?

bloobird0

Hello,

I've read that CJV30 uses a DX5 print head. Can this printer use any DX5 head (from espon or mimaki) or only the mimaki ones (just like the JV5)?

Jemmings

Please do not put acetone into an epson head. It melts the glue binding the internal parts and the head will fail. You are better off using HS cleaning solution then SS2 cleaning solution then pulling ES3 cleaning solution backward thru the head. The best answer is switching to Color+ ink by flushing the printer including the heads with HS cleaning solution, then color+ solution then inking up with color+. This ink does not have the heavy order of HS, works just as well, is cheaper and easier on the heads.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
hi,

i guess i know what you mean and it´s like this:

the jv5 runs an epson IH47V head ( oem-licensed only ) ... so does the jv33 ..

but:

on jv33 there is an option in the electronics missing to block other heads to be installed - so there are compatible ones existing !
on the jv5 it´s working - and refusing any head then the original IH47V

i installed several heads to JV33 / VJ and also JV5 so i know about..

best regards from germany,
yours jan :)

Just came across this thread again. Here is the update.

After several talks with technicians who actually worked on JV5s and few dealers:

Compatible DX5 print head will not work on JV5 but ok on JV33/valuejet (valuejet need different manifold)

Original JV33 print head will work on both JV33 and JV5 (JV5 users remove old memory card from old one to use)

Original JV5 print head will work for both JV33 and JV5 without problem.

All our JV33 print head are IH47V print heads. If your print head does not have this IH47V, most likely will not work on JV5s. See picture. Yes this is the actual print head that myself is holding on.

Email for quotation
sales@fieldcenterusa.com

Attachments

• IH47V.jpg
    IH47V.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 167

wh867748

JV5 and JV33 printhead

The price is not the same. You can put a DX5 solvent printhead working on a JV33/Valuejet for barely half the price of a JV5 printhead.

So, what is the problem everyone is having?
I'm currently in the need for 4 (you read that right) JV5 heads, because the black OEM HS ink clogged them all. CMY is perfect, not missing a single nozzle, but my black is about 30-40% clogged on all heads.
This is a terrible situation for us. We are out of warranty for a while now, but this is still Mimaki's fault. We're pushing pretty hard for them to swallow the cost of replacement.
Anyway, they probably won't pay,
so if those JV33 heads are a perfect fit, for 1 400$ that's about a third of the price the distributor would be charging for a JV5 head.
After the dust settle with Mimaki and the distributor we may be doing business, Fieldcenter. But I'll need a guarantee that those heads will be compatible.

Agree with you. The original JV33 and JV5 printhead is the same. But Mimaki JV33 can use Epson DX5, but Mimaki JV5 can not. So if we use Epson DX5 in JV33, we can save half of the money.