• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 vs CJV30

juantxo

Hi!

I'm decided to buy one of this printers, and I wanted to know your opinion:

It seems like CJV30 is the same machine with the cutting option, really? So, if the JV33 is a great machine, CJV30 it's a better machine?

I have no problem paying up the difference, but don't want a worst machine at an expensive price.

I won't use the CJV30 as my main cutting plotter, cause I have a graphtec. I will use it to print & cut and cutting vynils that don't fit in my graphtec.

I also want sometimes to print, laminating, and cut, how easy or difficult is to reload material with Mimaki?

And finally, wich inks give better output, solvent or eco-solvent? I prefer solvent for durability (I will install the machine in a room with a window).

thanks!

fmg

Can't speak for the CJV30 but I have a JV33 and have had great results from it.

MikePro

depends on what you'd like to have... both great machines.
you'll be happy whichever direction you go, but, keep in mind that you'll be unable to cut while mid-print... and vice versa. Although, all-in-one setups are nice because they take up less space in the shop.

jayhawksigns

There is only one situation I would look at an all in one, and that is if I was doing a mobile setup where space was key.

I like separates, and the time you spend loading the vinyl into your other plotter also sees your printer part way into is next job.

juantxo

Hi partnerts, thanks for your answers.

Remember my case: I have another printer (mutoh eco-solvent) and one cutting plotter (grapthect), so if I buy CJV30, and the machine is printing, I could cut in the other plotter.

The question is: the CJV30 costs only $2500 more than the JV33, I could pay the diference for the advantage of print and cut in some productions, but my main cutting plotter will be the grapthect, and my main printer, the mimaki. I wanted to know if this is a good election, or if the cutting part could give me problems.

inkmed

CJV is JV33 printer with cutter.
Both of them are good printers.
You have grapthect, JV33 is enough.

Eco solvent ink is better, environment friendly and durability too.

Adam from Inkmed

Dave Rowland

a friend of mine had a swap out of the cjv for the jv33.... the main business is banners on the machine, in volume. So the JV33 has better grip then the CJV to keep the banner flat.

juantxo

Inkmed, what's that about ecosolvent have more durability than solvents? I always think in the other way, solvent are more agressive, but they are more durable in outdoors, don't?

And Dave, the difference of grip it's so important into CJV30 and JV33?

Actually, the difference for me into CJV30 and JV33 are only $1890, due to the specials offer that the vendor gives me. I think is a price that I want to pay to have the cutting option (but remember, I have a graphtec too!)

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Ecosolvent does not mean or equal enviormentally friendly unless you are meaning specifially the air in your shop enviorment. They have less solvent, therefore generally less odors. And yes- eco/lite/low solvent inks generally tend be be a bit less durable since they cannot bite into the material quite as much as higher solvent inks.

mustafade

If I was in your shoes I would go with CJV30 solvent ink CMYKx2.
I don't think you can get another plotter for $2500
Definitely, I would go with solvent whomever says that eco-solvent more environmentally friendly, I don't think they are taking a count the material they are using to print on, yeah there are some enviro-friendly materials too but not very many.
Some people laminate everything they print if it is eco-solvent ink, so ask yourself what is more eco friendly when they do that.

juantxo

Yeah, really this bussiness it's not so much eco-friendly.... so much plastic (PVC, vynyl....). But I think the most people choose ecosolvent inks for his health, not for the planet, don't?

Thanks for all your answers, I think I will go with the CJV30. My only doubt is the issue with pinch rollers, don't know if it is really important

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We have excellent compatible eco solvent ink for both jv33 and cjv30 in stock to ship the same day you order. We will provide reference upon your request. Through our ink, you will be saving about 80% of ink cost from mimaki ss21 ink.

petesign

Let me say - DO NOT get eco solvent ink and a CJV. I could see running the all in one with the ss21, as it would be nice to print something, and cut it without taking the material off of the printer, laminating, then putting it back on. However with ES3 inks, you cant even print coroplast signs without laminating them. Sure,the inks work well laminated, you dont have to ventilate, etc... but print 2 coro signs without laminating and lay them together, and the ink will stick to itself. The stuff doesnt have any bite at all. So, unless you plan on laminating everything you print, get the ss21.. and laminating everything you print kind of defeats the purpose of having the convenience of an all in one doesnt it?

Biggest mistake I made was getting my daige... second was es3 inks. Just sayin.

juantxo

Thank you, petesign!!

I don't plain about use ES3 inks or another eco-solvent inks. One of the reasons to buy cjv30 is the solvent inks, don't want eco-solvent! But some people have said to me that SS21 are finally eco-solvente... don't know what to think.

Anyway, I have ordered my CJV30-160, it will be installed next week so I will write my first impressiones.

thanks to all!

Freese

Personally, depending on one's workflow and volume, the print/cut hybrid is more of a gimmick.

If you ever plan on laminating material, than it's not worth it. Think about it, if you have to cut it, you have to do it after laminating. Than you have to take it back to your "printer" after laminating and essentially create a bottleneck in your own workflow, that could be avoided by having a standalone cutter.