• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Kala Laminator Won't Feed

I have a Mistral 1650, 55'' Laminator. When I try to run vinyl through the machine it won't feed the material. It pulls in the vinyl a little and then shoots it back out and does not move forward.
It makes a large clacking sound when trying to feed.

Rayd8

Hm i would try to open up the side covers to have a look at wheee that sound is coming from. Had this with my gmp and after opening up i could see a missing part of a gear :-/ hth

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
Call the dealer you purchased it from....should be an easy fix. I'd check the tension on your supply shafts...it might be that someone has the tension cranked to the max and the machine is unable to pull the material through. Less is more when it comes to infeed tension. I can also provide you the name and number of their technical expert. You can email me directly and I'll share it that way.